SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
Tylerstaten045
Tylerstaten045 is on a distinguished road

Question Need help with transmission. Not a reverse slam case here. 2000 Sc2.

I recently bought a 2000 sc2 saturn off of Craigslist. 250 dollars due to it not having reverse. One of the first things I did to the car was torque the input shaft nut to spec and I replaced the valve body, from special forces. Reverse was fixed and all shifting is smooth except sometimes it's a delayed and hard shift in 3rd or 4th gear unless I'm really light on the throttle. My problem is when the car is in park and I shift to drive or reverse the transmission will bang and clunk violently into gear. There is no delay into gear at all just the violent bang. Also when I'm coming to a stop say around 10 mph the car will clunk when it downshifts. One last thing I noticed is if I shift to reverse and then to park a loud pop can be heard but it only does this from reverse to park not drive. I went to a mechanic today and he had told me it is something internal inside the transmission and I'm starting to believe it. Can anyone shed some light on this? Much appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tylerstaten045's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tylerstaten045 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tylerstaten045 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links