SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2016, 10:03 PM   #1
HybridizedVue
HybridizedVue is on a distinguished road

Default Discontinued Refrigerant Hose?

Hi,

I'm posting for a friend here whose AC isn't working on his 2008 Vue Hybrid. His mechanic told him that the source of the problem was the "AC Manifold Hose," which is also known as the refrigerant hose or compressor and condenser hose.

He called the local Chevy dealership, which said the AC Delco part (19130479) was discontinued. The part is Vue Hybrid-specific and does not seem to be made by anyone else (unsurprising given that Vue Hybrids are not very numerous); it appears to be out of stock everywhere. I checked all auto part and junk yard websites and could not find any Vue Hybrids.

Can anyone give me any insight into if/how this component can be obtained or how you solved any issues with the hose? Does anyone have an extra they'd be willing to sell? Anyone know of any availability of the part? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HybridizedVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HybridizedVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HybridizedVue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Discontinued Refrigerant Hose?

Is this the part?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19130479_Primary.jpg (17.1 KB, 11 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 AM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Discontinued Refrigerant Hose?

Based on the information provided, fdryer appears to have found a picture of the hose in question. Aftermarket air conditioning parts suppliers also provide bulk hoses and fittings to make up replacement hoses when direct replacements no longer exist. Contacting a high quality air conditioning repair shop might reveal whether or not it would be possible to make up a replacement hose should that be necessary. I worked at a shop where this was done and have had hoses made up for a vehicle I used to drive. They were installed four years ago and are still in service with no leaks to date.

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 06-14-2016 at 02:31 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote