SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 10:55 AM   #1
sscianis
sscianis is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn Buy Back

Has anyone had Saturn buy a car back because it was a lemon? I am just curious as to what they offered. Was it close to what you paid? Did they give you any hassle?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sscianis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sscianis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2003, 12:04 PM   #2
NiteFlite
NiteFlite is on a distinguished road

I did a buyback on my first Ion, but not because it was a lemon. They gave me no hassles whatsoever, although I was upgrading to a more expensive Ion at the time. They will pay off the loan basically... but you wont get the rebate back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NiteFlite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NiteFlite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
sscianis
sscianis is on a distinguished road

I am wondering about those people that had lemons vs the 1500 mile deal. Sounds like they are great on that front.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sscianis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sscianis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2003, 07:56 PM   #4
WingZer0
WingZer0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by sscianis
I am wondering about those people that had lemons vs the 1500 mile deal. Sounds like they are great on that front.
I had a 2002 VUE FWD /5spd man. that was pretty damn close to a lemon. Here is a short list of the problems and the (number of times) taken in for that issue.

Driver side rear door sticking (4*)
Windshield washer sprayer popping out/not spraying (3)
Heater/AC Blower cutting out (3)
Ticking noise in engine at low RPM during acceleration (2**)
Creaking in front dash (3)
Rubbing/Resistance in steering (2)
Clicking in suspension at low speeds (2)

* - It was doing it again when I traded it in.
** - Engine Rebuild @ 22k for damaged #1 piston, lifters and crankshaft. #1 had no rings left, and a tapered wrist pin.

I started talking lemon law to which they stated it wasn't a lemon, now don't get me wrong, I may be a bit picky, but I paid for a new car that had all of these features working. Yes it's not an Escalade or Denali, but why should I have to pay more for a product to live up to it's expectations. What they ended up doing was overvaluing my trade and basically getting me into a newer model (2003 VUE FWD/5spd man.) It was a great deal for me (included a better finance rate) and I pretty much got the whole price of the car as a trade in value, granted I didn't get the interest paid back, but they didn't charge me for the 25k I put on her either. Talk to the dealer, tell them you've talked to an attorney who specializes in lemon law case (I actually did) and give them a chance to make it right themselves.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WingZer0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WingZer0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-08-2003, 12:45 AM   #5
DualCamCoupe
Advanced Member
DualCamCoupe is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn Buy Back

Quote:
Originally posted by sscianis
Has anyone had Saturn buy a car back because it was a lemon? I am just curious as to what they offered. Was it close to what you paid? Did they give you any hassle?
What kind of problems are you having?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DualCamCoupe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DualCamCoupe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2003, 02:17 AM   #6
bai
bai is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up From Lemon - to ... much better

I bought my first Saturn SC1, 2002... it had 75 km (40mi) on it when i took it home... afte the car hit 200 km i was backing up and it rolled to 22,000 km... not so good from there i made it around the world accordind to the odometer... 2 days ofnormal driving (about 250 actual km) but accordint to the odometer i had travelled 42,000 km... so much for tht new warranty

At that point i took it back... and after 3 computers and 4 datys waiting I upgraded to the SC2, 2002. Got every penny back with absolutely no hassle (not sure what would havehapppend if i did nt upgrade but to date I am glad I did.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bai's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bai reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2003, 08:06 AM   #7
100KSW2
Master Member
100KSW2 is on a distinguished road

A former co-worker had a 1995 SC1 that he used for a daily turnpike commute that was almost 200 miles round trip. This car ate up front brake pads and rotors every couple months even though the car was doing almost all highway miles. Saturn replaced the brakes a bunch of times (even though any other make would have told him it was a "wear item" - I know because my old Dodge did the same thing). After a few years and a PILE of miles Saturn bought the car back from him. I don't know the exact mileage or $$$ involved but this guy was VERY happy with the deal he got.

Whenever you have a difficult problem with a vendor you should always:

1) Be professional, patient, polite, and businesslike.
2) Keep careful records! Written is best.
3) Keep asking, "What can we do to resolve this problem?".
4) Make your wishes clear and consistant: What will make you happy? Only a buyout, or if they actually resolve the problem(s)?
5) I wouldn't start talking about lawyers on the 2nd or even 3rd try. We used to call this move "Bringing out the nuclear weapons before the talking has stopped", because it tends to make people hunker down into a defensive position (and harden positions, in general).

This never got me anywhere with Chrysler Corporation on my dog - er Dodge, but with reputable businesses it often does.

Best of luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 100KSW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 100KSW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread