SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2016, 11:23 PM   #1
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Korean spam messages

SaturnFans is getting "bombed" by South Korean gambling website advertising again. How do I know what these sites are? My wife has read them and described them to me. They obviously have no idea what people are likely to use this website. Generally, Koreans ignored the Saturn brand here in Southern California and probably throughout the state. If they're hoping to find any Korean-Americans to access their websites then they're "phishing" in a sea of sand. These clownish spammers are fools.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2016, 11:39 PM   #2
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Re: Korean spam messages

They are persistent, aren't they? Thanks for the translation -- I didn't know what they were trying to sell.

I feel like I am blocking and deleting new spam every day now!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:38 AM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Korean spam messages

I tried Google Translate and..............

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #4
SC2Sick
Advanced Member
SC2Sick will become famous soon enough

1997 SC2
1995 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
They are persistent, aren't they? Thanks for the translation -- I didn't know what they were trying to sell.

I feel like I am blocking and deleting new spam every day now!

Charlie
Just block the whole IP range for Asian-Pacific Telcos? I doubt anyone trying to access here from China or similar for anything legitimate.

sixthsphere.com owner
1997 Saturn SC2 Turbo
sixthsphere.com/showthread.php/89737

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2Sick's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2Sick reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:44 PM   #5
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is on a distinguished road

1996 SW2

Just block the whole IP range for Asian-Pacific Telcos? I doubt anyone trying to access here from China or similar for anything legitimate.

FWIW ... I agree with SC2Sick 100%. My sentiments exactly.

As admininstrator you should have access to each IPs used to log on, here. With those in hand (figuratively speaking) determining the ISP being used shouldn't be too difficult and a more specific area block could be employed.

There are always going to be ways around blocks but just making it inconvenient as h*ll for them to continuously SPAM might send them to an easier target.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mister_Cee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mister_Cee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mister_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote