SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2016, 12:01 AM   #1
giantsfan81
giantsfan81 is on a distinguished road

Dazed Wiring in back up camera on Wife's 05 Relay

I bought a back up camera to install on my wife's 05 Relay. I have the camera mounted and the wires run down to the right rear tail light, I have the monitor mounted on the dash, but I can not figure out what wires to tie into. The directions for the camera state, the red wire goes to the positive lead of the vehicle's reverse light and the black goes to a ground. And for the monitor the red goes to the positive lead of the vehicles Red Ignition Switch. Problem is I don't know which line is the positive lead for the reverse light on the right, and I do not know what the positive lead is for the Red Ignition Switch. Any help would be great. I tried to look up wire diagrams, and what not with no help. The tail light has a connection that can be undone to remove the lights, and I can see the wire colors there, but the three wires going into the reverse light itself are all covered with black rubber for weather protection I'm assuming. And I am not even sure where to look for the Red Ignition switch positive lead.

I do know enough about cars and auto wiring to feel comfortable doing this, if I can figure out which wires I need. I don't want to go splicing in back and forth trying to find the right one. Any help would be great.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to giantsfan81's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help giantsfan81 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
giantsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2016, 06:47 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Wiring in back up camera on Wife's 05 Relay

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan81 View Post
I do know enough about cars and auto wiring to feel comfortable doing this, if I can figure out which wires I need.
Thanks
YOu need to get a multimeter to eliminate the guesswork. $5.99 on sale at HF...

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote