SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
Dogman68
Dogman68 is on a distinguished road

Happy Am/fm radio problem

Hello out there! I need some help with my 99 Saturn sl (Radio) the am/fm was working, but now you can"t change stations their is nothing showing on the screen I can get one channel (poorly) and a lot of static I installed a different factory radio but get the same results I would appreciate any help thank you in advance RLF.:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dogman68's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dogman68 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dogman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Am/fm radio problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman68 View Post
Hello out there! I need some help with my 99 Saturn sl (Radio) the am/fm was working, but now you can"t change stations their is nothing showing on the screen I can get one channel (poorly) and a lot of static
Have you checked your antenna and its cable connections? Is this reception problem something which happened gradually or all of a sudden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman68 View Post
I installed a different factory radio but get the same results I would appreciate any help thank you in advance RLF.:
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're only able to receive one channel with the replacement radio. Regardless of reception, can you change channels or see anything on the screen with your replacement radio or not?

(Greater care with punctuation in your post would make your sentences more easily understood.)

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #3
Dogman68
Dogman68 is on a distinguished road

Happy Re: Am/fm radio problem

pierrot ! thank you for the quick reply,, pardon the grammer I"am not very educated. The radio had worked good , But during my extensive search as to why their was no spark to my plugs including removing the E.C.M. and reinstalling, I now have the radio issue, it was not possible to change channels and no features on the screen.I bought the same radio on ebay and installed it, with same problem, so their is my delema, I read something about a (code) issue with Saturn sl and have no idea how to attempt repair, even if it is possible I would appreciate any ideas thank you RLF.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dogman68's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dogman68 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dogman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:40 PM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

So all of this began to happen with your radio after you were doing work around the ECM? Was there any wiring problem associated ECM's removal and re-installation? While you were removing and reinstalling that part were you doing so with the battery disconnected or connected?

I'm not at all familiar with the S Series radios and why they should behave unusually in this way. The L Series cars have only one radio with any kind of security built into the unit and although I now have one of them, I've not activated the security feature. In my case the upgrade from the CD-AM/FM radio which was originally in the car, to the CD-Cassette Deck-AM/FM radio was basically a "plug and play" operation with no problems whatsoever.

I would suggest copying your original message here and placing it in one of the S Series Forums where you're likely to get more helpful replies.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 02-16-2016 at 10:47 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #5
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to all

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Since the issue was replicated with two known good radios, the problem is likely elsewhere. Start by checking your fuses; specifically the 10A RADIO and 10A CHIME fuses in the interior fuse panel on the right side of the console. The radio fuse only affects the radio, but the chime fuse will also kill your chime warning & keyless entry (if equipped with power locks) if it is blown.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 175K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 170K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote