SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2016, 12:18 AM   #1
jeffsal87
jeffsal87 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
Question Engine crank but no start. No Security light

Engine cranks but no start and no security light indicating Passlock fault...?

Drilled out old lock cylinder and replaced with new one a few days ago when it locked up and we couldn't get it started. After I re-keyed and installed new cylinder, it started up for me a few times before seizing up again. I removed the whole ignition housing unit and messed around with it till I could get the new cylinder out (in one piece) and figured out the mechanics causing it to seize. Now I can get it to turn over but it will not start. No code besides P0480 and no security light comes on indicating a Passlock problem. Stuck and looking for a little insight before I buy more parts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jeffsal87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jeffsal87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jeffsal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2016, 12:33 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Engine crank but no start. No Security light

Do you see the Passlock symbol at ignition ON time (when all instrument lights turn on) then observe it turning off? If so, this isn't a Passlock problem. This may be a crank sensor failure, fuel or spark problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:14 AM   #3
jeffsal87
jeffsal87 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
Default Re: Engine crank but no start. No Security light

Yes sir. That is what I have been observing. Before you posted on this I was researching all possible out comes and pretty much narrowed it down between crankshaft sensor and ignition module. But the more I'm reading about the CPM and its symptoms. The more I'm being able to relate to it. The higher running rpms, irregular fluxs in idle, engine turns over but no ignition, etc.... My biggest worry at the time is being absolute before proceeding any further.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jeffsal87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jeffsal87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jeffsal87 is offline   Reply With Quote