SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2016, 08:03 PM   #21
Murderotica024
Murderotica024 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Downshifts from 4th to 3rd on its own & Reverse Slam

I think it was the changing of the spark plugs and wires. The spark plugs were pretty in terrible shape. There was a slight amount of oil in the first spark plug well so I replaced the valve cover gasket and haven't had an issue since. If the weather gets better tomorrow, I'm going to go out and try to get that 0341 code taken care of

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Murderotica024's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Murderotica024 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Murderotica024 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #22
Murderotica024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazberry View Post
What was it that fixed the P0300? See if you can get that P0341 cleared . . .
I checked the ohms of my coil packs and they read 7.83 and 7.9. That thread you pointed me to said about having 8.0 minimum. Would that .17 and .1 be the issue? Also, this reading was after I pulled the cool packs out and cleaned them thoroughly with a wire brush

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Murderotica024 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #23
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderotica024 View Post
Would that .17 and .1 be the issue?
I wouldn't think so, but I don't have experience with this. Are you sure the wire routing is good?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #24
Murderotica024

Quote:
I wouldn't think so, but I don't have experience with this. Are you sure the wire routing is good?
If you mean correctly corresponding to 4-1-2-3 then yes. And if you are referring to the wires themselves, I hope they are good. They are new wires that I purchased a couple months ago. After putting the wires and everything in, I no longer had the 0300 error but this 0341 won't go away

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-07-2016, 02:31 PM   #25
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
If you mean correctly corresponding to 4-1-2-3 then yes.
Not so much that, but this . . .
"The #1 and #4 plug wires must run parallel and adjacent to each other from the coil to the head."

Quote:
And if you are referring to the wires themselves, I hope they are good.
You can check the resistance of those also.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #26
Murderotica024

Quote:
Not so much that, but this . . .
"The #1 and #4 plug wires must run parallel and adjacent to each other from the coil to the head."

You can check the resistance of those also.
I'm not sure what you mean by they must run parallel and adjacent to one another

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-07-2016, 10:20 PM   #27
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by they must run parallel and adjacent to one another
It's important how the wires are arranged in the looms - although the #1 and #4 wires don't look adjacent in this photo (?) . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DOHC wires.jpg (48.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Chazberry; 05-07-2016 at 10:26 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!