SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are You Planning a Roadtrip this Summer with Your Saturn?
Yes 57 63.33%
No 33 36.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 11:55 AM   #41
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

pictures of PNC park taken last year:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pncpark2.jpg (42.9 KB, 13 views)

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2003, 02:28 PM   #42
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

forgot one:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pncpark1.jpg (53.8 KB, 13 views)

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2003, 02:37 PM   #43
bspencer
bspencer is on a distinguished road

I will be leaving for panama city beach next saturday. there will be no partying due to me going with my mom-in-law and 2 year old daughter. we will also be meeting family from texas as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bspencer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bspencer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2003, 08:46 PM   #44
SilverNickelQC
Advanced Member
SilverNickelQC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Nice view of the water, i am getting a nose bleed just looking at the field though lol j/k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SilverNickelQC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SilverNickelQC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2003, 09:53 PM   #45
Medicman
Medicman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by John8
Thanks UNKLE BIK. Actually we are allowing the better part of two days to tour it and might go back for a third if I can get reservations on one of the tours of the restoration shops. We are members of the Friends of the AF Museum and try to get back there every time a major expansion is completed. The only other comparable aviation exhibit in the United States is the multi-sited Air and Space Museum run by the Smithsonian. For me spending a day there and then driving down to Cincinnati to catch a Reds game in their new stadium that night will be as close to heaven as I am ever going to get
I have been to the USAF Museum a couple times, and I loved it. I am a BIG military aircraft nut.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Medicman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Medicman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2003, 09:56 PM   #46
Medicman
Medicman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by bspencer
I will be leaving for panama city beach next saturday. there will be no partying due to me going with my mom-in-law and 2 year old daughter. we will also be meeting family from texas as well.

Panama City is AWESOME. Much better on the gulf side of Fla. than the Atlantic. Plus they have Tyndall Air Force Base nearby. Lots of fighter jets going in and out doing live fire training.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Medicman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Medicman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2003, 05:51 PM   #47
trunx
trunx is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

Hi,
I kind of felt the need to clarify my vote, even though it's been a few days since anyone's written anything. That, and I'm not really doing anything else at the moment. I put yes, but the only trip I actually have planned is the 2500km trek from Chatham, Ontario, back home to Wolfville, Nova Scotia, at the end of the summer. Thankfully, she has enough cargo space to fit all my stuff with room to spare, even more than my 1990 Grand Prix did. By the way, 'she' refers to my 2003 ION3 sedan, Rogue.

[COLOR=Navy][U]Tristan[/U]___________
2006 ION Redline w/ Comp. Pkg.: "Yuri"[/COLOR]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trunx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trunx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2003, 05:30 AM   #48
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Xanatos .. just one question.. WHY would you want to go to Ohio of all places?!

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:23 AM   #49
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by Spazie
Xanatos .. just one question.. WHY would you want to go to Ohio of all places?!

Maybe they have a thing for cornfields??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2003, 09:42 AM   #50
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Well, we've got plenty of those to spare!!

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2003, 10:22 AM   #51
SW2Muck
SW2Muck is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

Hey, believe it or not, the very northern part of SE Ohio has some very fun driving roads, with probably more further to the south, I haven't tried yet.

Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

"Do you know your place, in the big charade? Are you more than they?"
-Bad Religion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SW2Muck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SW2Muck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2003, 11:13 AM   #52
unkle bik
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally posted by SW2Muck
Hey, believe it or not, the very northern part of SE Ohio has some very fun driving roads, with probably more further to the south, I haven't tried yet.
Thanx, Andrew. Route 7 down to the river, perhaps?
While Ohio may not be the greatest place to live, (and what place is) you seem to have a firm grip on reality.
Don't you just love it when people stereotype just about anything & think they are an expert in just about everything?

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-02-2003, 12:39 PM   #53
piney
Master Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UNKLE BIK
Don't you just love it when people stereotype just about anything & think they are an expert in just about everything?
I'm far from an expert, but I've been to Ohio. The best part was the bridge back to Kentucky.

Stereotyping is fun as long as it is just for fun. Heck, I'm from South Jersey and if I had a dime for every moron who asked "What exit?", I'd be rich. Little to these geographically challenged individuals know, but you don't get on the NJ Turnpike to get to the woods where I'm from.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2003, 02:05 PM   #54
IONicSaturn
Advanced Member
IONicSaturn is on a distinguished road

2005 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by piney
I'm far from an expert, but I've been to Ohio. The best part was the bridge back to Kentucky.

Stereotyping is fun as long as it is just for fun. Heck, I'm from South Jersey and if I had a dime for every moron who asked "What exit?", I'd be rich. Little to these geographically challenged individuals know, but you don't get on the NJ Turnpike to get to the woods where I'm from.

So then what exit on the Garden State? Sorry, I really couldn't resist! I have relatives in Vernona and Randolph, and to get to where they live, you don't just get off the Turnpike and turn left or right. That does sound aggrevating, Piney, especially because New Jersey is so much more than just the Turnpike. I've never been to Ohio, though, so I can't say anything about that. However, it really aggrevates me that because I live in New York, I am automatically assumed to be either a criminal or an "urban hipster." Believe me, I am not in any way, shape, or form either one of those, and neither is anybody I know.

Mike

2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
2005 Saturn L300
1999 Dodge Durango SLT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IONicSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IONicSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2003, 03:12 PM   #55
SW2Muck
SW2Muck is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

Quote:
Maybe I should take you to some of the roads around Carrollton, Lisbon, Steubenville, or E. Liverpool and see if you think its a boring place to drive! Or what about some bar-hopping in Cleveland, or a trip to Put-in-Bay or a day at Cedar Point? Ohio is not the world's most exciting place, thats for sure. But there's plenty of fun if you know where to look for it.

Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

"Do you know your place, in the big charade? Are you more than they?"
-Bad Religion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SW2Muck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SW2Muck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2003, 03:44 PM   #56
unkle bik
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:

Stereotyping is fun as long as it is just for fun.
Apparently you didn't stop long enough to meet any of the people. While the geography & climate may not be to your liking, try looking at the big picture. Many of your fellow members of this forum are from Ohio. (OhioVueBoy, Mydnight Myst, Rossao, SW2 Muck, Bennett9000, csdiabiase, zboregerd, fly on by, to name a few). People are a state or regionís most important asset. Like Andrew said, Ohio may not be the most exciting place, (we donít have Epcot Center, Disneyworld, Daytona Beach, etc.), but Ohio is made up of itís PEOPLE. To make statements like you have, you are basically insulting your fellow members. I have been to Florida (not Jersey, yet) & I have found many things to my liking, & disliking. Fortunately, those distasteful things about Florida Iíll keep to myself.
EVERYPLACE has its good & bad points. Stereotyping people for fun? Some of us didn't take it that way. If you donít have something nice to say about someplace or somebody, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! I'll get off my soapbox, now. Nuff said.

Perhaps you are still reeling from the thrashing the Buckeyes gave the HurricanesÖ

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-02-2003, 08:18 PM   #57
piney
Master Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UNKLE BIK
Apparently you didn't stop long enough to meet any of the people.
Actually I have a few friends in the same field of work who work for the great state of Ohio, Columbus, Hamilton County and so on - they are great guys, if a bit hooked on cornbread. I just like to poke fun, sort of playing with the stereotypes and stuff.

Quote:
While the geography & climate may not be to your liking, try looking at the big picture. Many of your fellow members of this forum are from Ohio. (OhioVueBoy, Mydnight Myst, Rossao, SW2 Muck, Bennett9000, csdiabiase, zboregerd, fly on by, to name a few). People are a state or regionís most important asset. Like Andrew said, Ohio may not be the most exciting place, (we donít have Epcot Center, Disneyworld, Daytona Beach, etc.), but Ohio is made up of itís PEOPLE.
Sarcasm is one of my stronger personality traits, again I'm playing with y'all.

Quote:
To make statements like you have, you are basically insulting your fellow members. I have been to Florida (not Jersey, yet) & I have found many things to my liking, & disliking. Fortunately, those distasteful things about Florida Iíll keep to myself.
There are two Floridas, one is largely a redneck pit full of trailers and auto repair facilities and the other is a tourist trap mecca. I don't really care for either but I want my pension. They pay me pretty decent and my house went up 13% last year, so I'll stay till I can get the heck out of here and retire to Kentucky. (Where I love to poke fun at the inbreeding that is so common there...)

Quote:
EVERYPLACE has its good & bad points. Stereotyping people for fun? Some of us didn't take it that way. If you donít have something nice to say about someplace or somebody, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! I'll get off my soapbox, now. Nuff said.
Can't we just have a little fun poking fun? All work and no play makes for a good Lutheran but not for one that is fun to be around. I'd never intentionally insult someone - it is just playing around. Perhaps decaf would help a bit?

Quote:
Perhaps you are still reeling from the thrashing the Buckeyes gave the HurricanesÖ
Outside of the Superbowl, I've spent a total of about 8 hours in the past 5 years watching sports - that said, if you grew up eating corn and working on a farm all day, you'd be good at football too

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-03-2003, 01:23 AM   #58
robert_vue
Advanced Member
robert_vue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Are You Planning a Roadtrip this Summer with Your Saturn?

I'm on that roadtrip now! Drove from San Diego, CA to Albuquerque, NM. Nice drive. Also plan to maybe go camping later to June Lake -- with a couple of forum users.

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie
Are you planning a roadtrip this summer with your Saturn? Where will you be headed?

Charlie

Robert R.
03 VUE: Oct 15, 2002 - Dec 5, 2004 R.I.P.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robert_vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robert_vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2003, 10:46 AM   #59
IONicSaturn
Advanced Member
IONicSaturn is on a distinguished road

2005 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:

Piney, I have to tell you, I was watching "Food 911" on the Food Network last night, and the cook guy on the show, Tyler Florence, was going some place in New Jersey. The opening of the show started in Manhattan, and the guy got into a cab and said "Going to Jersey, Boss." Then the cabbie said, "oh, OK, what exit?" *Just for the heck of it, he said "ha, ha, funny. Forty Five.* Score a dime for Piney!!

Mike

2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
2005 Saturn L300
1999 Dodge Durango SLT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IONicSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IONicSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-04-2003, 12:34 PM   #60
atomicshark
atomicshark is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately we are trying to stay within our alotted lease miles, so no road trips. Maybe when we buy our next car we will be road tripping!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atomicshark's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atomicshark reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread