SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are You Planning a Roadtrip this Summer with Your Saturn?
Yes 57 63.33%
No 33 36.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 06:31 PM   #21
IONicSaturn
Advanced Member
IONicSaturn is on a distinguished road

2005 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

I'm actually going on somewhat of a mini-road trip this Wednesday, not with my Saturn though, but with my best friend's Altima. Him, his sister, and I are heading down to Jackson, New Jersey for the day to go to Six Flags Great Adventure. Then we're planning another trip there on July 3rd, with one more person. Over the summer my family, as well as myself and friends, will probably take several day trips down to the Jersey Shore, Seaside Heights and Wildwood (never been there), again, probably not with the Saturn although it may see the Pacific once or twice. There are a lot of fun and interesting things to do around here (and I always manage to find new places to visit everytime I go on one of these trips), so I think the Saturn will end up being the transportation mode of choice for those trips. At the end of the summer my family, hopefully, will be taking a trip out to Lancaster Pennsylvania, again not with the Saturn though. I hope everyone has fun on their road trips! Safe and happy driving!!!

Mike

2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
2005 Saturn L300
1999 Dodge Durango SLT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IONicSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IONicSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2003, 07:51 PM   #22
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by IONicSaturn
Wildwood (never been there),
My granny owned a hotel there my whole youth and teenage years. It is like South Philly, just with a beach and ocean. Bring lots of ear-plugs.

Have a slice at Campus Pizza around 23rd Street on the boardwalk for me. Chase it with a large half and half soft serve with chocolate jimmys.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 08:20 PM   #23
PAGuy77
PAGuy77 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Yeah taking a road trip to VA this summer. I have possibly considered a long road trip with my roomate in Feb, heading to Bonita Springs, FL. We have friends there. I figured along the way, I would have to stop in Orlando and visit my family.

I am curious to see how the Ion performs on a good road trip. From some of the highway driving I do, she cruises along quite well....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PAGuy77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PAGuy77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 08:30 PM   #24
IONicSaturn
Advanced Member

2005 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Oh my God, I can't believe what an idiot I am.
Quote:
[i] probably not with the Saturn although it may see the Pacific once or twice.
I meant to say Atlantic, jeez. I did that the other day, too.

Quote:
Originally posted by piney
My granny owned a hotel there my whole youth and teenage years. It is like South Philly, just with a beach and ocean. Bring lots of ear-plugs.

Have a slice at Campus Pizza around 23rd Street on the boardwalk for me. Chase it with a large half and half soft serve with chocolate jimmys.
OK, when you say it's like South Philly does that mean it's urban and crowded and everybody's honking their car horns and screaming? I haven't been to Philly since, umm, '89, I think.
Just ONE slice?? That sounds good, I just ate baked ziti and now I'm hungry again! If I do go down there (I hope I do!), I'll definitely stop at Campus Pizza. Thanks for the advice.

Piney, maybe you'd know this... about how long of a trip is Wildwood from New York, or say Northern NJ (Bergen)? It takes about an hour and a half to get from Yonkers to Seaside Heights, with no traffic, not counting pit stops on the Garden State Pkwy (Cheesequake, usually), and I know Wildwood is further south (before or after Atlantic City?). I'm asking because I'm not 100% sure a stay-over trip there will be possible this year, and if it isn't, I'd like to spend at least a day down there.

Mike

2005 Saturn L300
1999 Dodge Durango SLT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help IONicSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 08:57 PM   #25
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

It is about 150 miles from NYC to Wildwood - the only thing further south in South Jersey than Wildwood is Cape May, it is way down at the point of the state.

It's been years since I've made the trip to Wildwood as my cousin has a sweet place on the ocean down in LBI and my folks live on the Mullica River out in the woods.

If you've been to South Street or the Itallian market in Philly, that is what I remember of Wildwood. Lots of undisciplined kids screaming, eating food, lots of folks with tatoos and old men with shorts on and over-the-calf dark socks and black shoes. It is quite a mix I'd say. If anything, it is a great place to people watch!

Campus always had the best pie on the boardwalk. Enjoy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:07 PM   #26
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by UNKLE BIK
John:
Plan on spending a whole day at the air museum. It is one place you want to stop & smell the roses to speak.
Thanks UNKLE BIK. Actually we are allowing the better part of two days to tour it and might go back for a third if I can get reservations on one of the tours of the restoration shops. We are members of the Friends of the AF Museum and try to get back there every time a major expansion is completed. The only other comparable aviation exhibit in the United States is the multi-sited Air and Space Museum run by the Smithsonian. For me spending a day there and then driving down to Cincinnati to catch a Reds game in their new stadium that night will be as close to heaven as I am ever going to get

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 10:09 PM   #27
03VUEAWDVTI
Advanced Member
03VUEAWDVTI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by ProDarwin
I think we need to clarify what Road trip means... To me, it must:

1. Be over 1000 miles round trip
2. Have more than 2 people
3. Have a party at the other end
4. Make you wish you had a radar detector
#1 is easy. Every time I leave town it's at least 1,000 miles round trip.

#2 is not so easy. It is a very rare thing for me to have any passengers.

#3 is almost impossible. I normally take trips to either visit family, or go places where I can hike or take pictures. I'm just not the partying type.

#4 is impossible. Since I don't speed, I never have the need for, or ever wish that I had a radar detector. Sometimes I HAVE wanted one just to play with.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 03VUEAWDVTI's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 03VUEAWDVTI reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 10:38 PM   #28
IONicSaturn
Advanced Member

2005 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by piney
It is about 150 miles from NYC to Wildwood - the only thing further south in South Jersey than Wildwood is Cape May, it is way down at the point of the state.

It's been years since I've made the trip to Wildwood as my cousin has a sweet place on the ocean down in LBI and my folks live on the Mullica River out in the woods.

If you've been to South Street or the Itallian market in Philly, that is what I remember of Wildwood. Lots of undisciplined kids screaming, eating food, lots of folks with tatoos and old men with shorts on and over-the-calf dark socks and black shoes. It is quite a mix I'd say. If anything, it is a great place to people watch!

Campus always had the best pie on the boardwalk. Enjoy.
Thanks a lot Piney, I appreciate it! Seaside Heights is kind of like that, except also with a TON of teenagers there because that's where MTV's TRL was last year (I don't know if it's there again, God I hope not). Wildwood sounds more like a stay-over trip, I hope I'll be able to do that this year. If you're around Seaside Heights/Toms River and you're looking for someplace to eat, go to the Country Buffet on 37, it is pretty cheap, the food is great and you can eat all you want. Anyways, thanks again!!!

Mike

2005 Saturn L300
1999 Dodge Durango SLT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-24-2003, 06:52 AM   #29
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally posted by SL2GUY
Yep going to Montreal to the Metallica concert. Then down to Toronto.
How about a review of the Metallica concert when you get back?

Have fun on Yonge street and grab a beer @ the El Mocombo (if it's still there).

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2003, 12:06 PM   #30
bibliotech
bibliotech is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

It's coming back from Toronto right now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bibliotech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bibliotech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2003, 01:57 PM   #31
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2

Quote:

Pittsburgh-Chicago-Iowa City-Indianapolis-Columbus-Pittsburgh (1900+ miles)
My wife & I and our new kitten Indy Anna
Ate sushi with my cousin & her boyfriend in Iowa City. Hey it's Iowa City & that qualifies as a party out there!
Have personally owned 5 of them since 1986. Don't drive without it!

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2003, 05:24 PM   #32
Mishdave2003
Mishdave2003 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Yes, going to Iowa this weekend for a family member's graduation party .. a bit nervous now though, with the notice of potential recall on our car :o:

I am not a shrimp, I am a KING PRAWN, ok ....

~~~~~~~

2003 Vue AWD V6, Silver w/Grey Leather.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mishdave2003's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mishdave2003 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2003, 07:43 PM   #33
SilverNickelQC
Advanced Member
SilverNickelQC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

YES! next week i am going on vacation for my birthday and i plan on going to every amusement park on the east coast or at least a couple in my area

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SilverNickelQC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SilverNickelQC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:17 PM   #34
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Well I dont own a saturn but yes I am planning a road trip probably to florida but I dont really know yet

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2003, 10:20 PM   #35
silverplum
silverplum is on a distinguished road

Post No Road Trip This Year!

Last year I hit a pot hole on the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. The end result was $1,260. damage to my new car. Both 16 inch chrome clad alloy wheels on the passenger side had to be replaced, plus a front end alignment and taxes.

Watch out for bad roads in Nova Scotia.

In the summer of 2001, our right rear Affinity exploded about 60 miles north of Sault Ste. Marie.

I'm staying home this year.:o:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverplum's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverplum reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2003, 11:31 PM   #36
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

Quote:

I am going to go to St. Louis (300 miles each way), Cedar Rapids, IA (230 miles), Ludington, MI (280 miles), and Milwaukee (95 miles). I'm sure I'll throw in a trip to Covington and Evansville, IN (150 miles to Covington, and then another 150 to Evansville). Some of these trips may have two or more people, others will be just me. And likewise, some will have partying at the end and others will just be visiting grandparents and relatives. On some of these trips we will go in my friend's car. Others will most likely be in the S-10. Some of my friends will have a fuzz buster, and when I drive I will have a CB (they eyes in front of and behind you) But now I'm getting away from the original question,

Quote:
Are You Planning a Roadtrip this Summer with Your Saturn?
So since none of the trips will be 1000 miles round trip, some of these I will be traveling by myself, some will not include partying at the destination, some a will not have a radar dector in use, and none of them will likely be in my Saturn I change my original statement. No, I will not be going on any road trips this summer in my Saturn. Charlie, please change my vote!

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2003, 04:14 PM   #37
Mike_SW2K
Mike_SW2K is on a distinguished road

2000 SW2
2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

My crew (me the wife and son) are heading up to Buffalo next week for a family reunion, lots of BBQ and the weather finally looks like it's going to be nice (have had too much rain over the last month). Taking the SW2 in on Monday for an oil change and making up some road CD's Leaving on Wed for a week. Other than that short road trips to the Jersey shore for the rest of summer. All in all not too bad. Normally we head off to Florida but money is tight. Here’s hoping all of you have great summer

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mike_SW2K's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mike_SW2K reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2003, 06:09 PM   #38
YELO_SC2
YELO_SC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Happy

John8,

You'll have a blast at the Reds' new park...a big step up from Cinergy/Riverfront if you ever saw a game there. Just make sure you don't sit in the upper half of sections 142-144 in right field next to the smokestacks; they'll block your view of part of centerfield and all of the scoreboard.

I hope to go on a couple trips this summer, hopefully to check out the new ballparks in Pittsburgh and Detroit. Anyone have any tips for good tickets and/or cool stuff to do in these cities? When in Pittsburgh, I want to go to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater, which is supposedly about an hour southeast of the city.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YELO_SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YELO_SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:41 PM   #39
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Happy

YELO_SC2- My tickets in Cincinnati are in Section 112. I am very happy with them. I ordered them from the Reds by phone without any problem.
As far as my experience in Pittsburgh I had no trouble getting great seats from the Pirates just using the standard 1-800 phone number. For one game we got nice lower level seats at around $25 per ticket and on another night we splurged to buy seats in the Pittsburgh Baseball Club section at $55 a ticket. My wife's birthday occurs on this roadtrip so the club seats are part of her present.
Yeah I've seen the old Riverfront Stadium and it reminded me of the Vet in Philly. One is gone and the other dies at the end of this season. It seems funny to an older guy like me that these stadiums are being replaced. When the Vet, Riverfront and Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh were opened around 1970 they were considered modern wonders but unfortunately they aged with the grace of a concrete garbage receptical. That said though, they can't destroy the memories of these places in my mind.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-26-2003, 12:15 AM   #40
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally posted by YELO_SC2

I hope to go on a couple trips this summer, hopefully to check out the new ballparks in Pittsburgh and Detroit. Anyone have any tips for good tickets and/or cool stuff to do in these cities? When in Pittsburgh, I want to go to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater, which is supposedly about an hour southeast of the city.
This link will help you with Fallingwater. I've been there several times. It's beautiful. FLW - Fallingwater

As fars as PNC Park , it's a fabulous park. Last fall, the wife and I moved to a house just 4-5 miles north of PNC Park and Heinz Field. We've been to four games there so far. Our personal record this season is 3-2. We were able to see a Pirate game at Wrigley for Memorial Day. That was awesome. Pittsburgh won 10-0 that day.

If you make it out here, you'll have to email or PM me, I'll take a digital pic of our yellow SC2's for the board!

As far as things to do in the 'Burgh, check out this link, Pittsburgh Live

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

Last edited by Arnel; 06-26-2003 at 12:27 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread