SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are You Planning a Roadtrip this Summer with Your Saturn?
Yes 57 63.33%
No 33 36.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 12:17 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Question Are You Planning a Roadtrip this Summer with Your Saturn?

Are you planning a roadtrip this summer with your Saturn? Where will you be headed?

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2003, 12:35 AM   #2
Xanatos
Xanatos is on a distinguished road

No vacation time left this year. So no.

However, I took one in late April to Ohio from Colorado. I've also done two others. One other to Ohio, and another to California.

All in all, about 10K of the miles I've put on my car have been from cross country road trips.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xanatos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xanatos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 12:55 AM   #3
swoker183
swoker183 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

ill have to go with a may-be. still in the preliminary stages. i might go with my cousin, starting in CT to Maine and on the way back stop in new hampshire, and then in boston, and then come home. it will be a VERY long day trip

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swoker183's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swoker183 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 01:04 AM   #4
ProDarwin
Master Member
ProDarwin is on a distinguished road

Kinda. I go back and forth between VA and the midwest a lot. As a matter of fact, just this morning I got back from Flint (560 mile trip). With the car completely packed, I averaged 39.8 mpg over the whole trip. Not bad if you ask me.

-Travis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ProDarwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ProDarwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 01:11 AM   #5
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

I still need to replace the struts, tires and exhaust. Plus I don't know if the AC is still working. I haven't used it yet. So no road trips. If I get it done by September it might take its first road trip up to Milwaukee.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 01:21 AM   #6
Nuke-Em
Nuke-Em is on a distinguished road

Not this year. It's actually an oddity for my family NOT to go on a road trip. However, my 88 year old grandma lives with us and her mobility has gotten very poor lately.

Matt

If God had intended driving to be boring, he would have given us all Toyota's

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nuke-Em's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nuke-Em reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 01:40 AM   #7
ProDarwin
Master Member
ProDarwin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiddenlites
If I get it done by September it might take its first road trip up to Milwaukee.
I think we need to clarify what Road trip means... To me, it must:

1. Be over 1000 miles round trip
2. Have more than 2 people
3. Have a party at the other end
4. Make you wish you had a radar detector

-Travis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ProDarwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ProDarwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 06:19 AM   #8
mazik
mazik is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Yep, leaving in a few days from Atlanta to Little Rock, Arkansas and then to Kimberling City, Missouri (on Table Rock Lake in the Ozarks).....it's ~10 hours but got a Triptik to guide me.

Just replaced original set of tires at 48k not too shabby

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mazik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mazik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 06:29 AM   #9
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Happy

My wife and I and another couple are going on a week long two car road trip through western PA and Ohio. We have tickets for several baseball games in Pittsburgh and the new stadium in Cincinnati and also want to catch some nightlife in both cities. We also plan to visit the USAF Museum in Dayton to see the latest exhibit hanger and some of the special things commemorating the 100th anniversery of powered flight. Finally if things work out schedule and weather wise, we are going to try to meet up with Armadillo and her husband to check out their sailboat. On the way home we want to stop at the 9/11 crash site near Somerset, PA.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 06:59 AM   #10
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

The wife & I are planning a road trip to the Upper Pennisula of Michigan this July.
One way to our destination is about 675 miles. From what we understand, there is plenty of open road up there with beautiful scenery. We will be in search of many of Michigan's lighthouses. So far we have visited about 45 of the 110. Lake Superior is the only Great Lake we haven't been to, yet.

If any you live up there or have visited there, post your comments on what to see, speed traps, beaches, microbreweries, etc.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 08:39 AM   #11
03VUEAWDVTI
Advanced Member
03VUEAWDVTI is on a distinguished road

Yup, headed to Gresham, OR in about a month for a family reunion. I'll acutally be taking four trips over seven months.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 03VUEAWDVTI's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 03VUEAWDVTI reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 08:51 AM   #12
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2
Happy

Daytona Beach, FL, to Ellison Bay, WI, from 8/7 to 8/18. Almost 3000 mi. round trip.

Just traded my '94 SC-2 for a '99 SC-2 with cruise, air, power sunroof. Decided tp drive the annual trip to the summer place this year, as I like to do about every 3 - 5 years. (My rental car for 10 days last year was almost $500, after flying to Milwaukee!!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 08:53 AM   #13
Miso
Miso is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
Happy Road Trip

My family and I have planned a trip to Williamsburg, Va to visit
relatives and the colonial sites, again. A great place to visit!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Miso's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Miso reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:01 AM   #14
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally posted by John8
My wife and I and another couple are going on a week long two car road trip through western PA and Ohio. We have tickets for several baseball games in Pittsburgh and the new stadium in Cincinnati and also want to catch some nightlife in both cities. We also plan to visit the USAF Museum in Dayton to see the latest exhibit hanger and some of the special things commemorating the 100th anniversery of powered flight. Finally if things work out schedule and weather wise, we are going to try to meet up with Armadillo and her husband to check out their sailboat. On the way home we want to stop at the 9/11 crash site near Somerset, PA.
John:
Plan on spending a whole day at the air museum. It is one place you want to stop & smell the roses to speak. I was really impressed with the hangar exhibit featuring the U2 spy plane, Stealth bomber, and the ME-262. Just got back from the Akron MAPS air show Saturday & had a blast. Will post some pictures, soon.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 11:39 AM   #15
cary
cary is on a distinguished road

My wife and I are planning our yearly trip to Cambria, California. Cambria, a small town on Highway 1 halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, is nestled between the forest and the Pacific Ocean. This is a yearly, long-weekend trip. We stay in San Simeon, about three minutes north of Cambria, at the Best Western Fireside Inn, which is located across the street from Hearst Castle, on the Ocean.

Itís a romantic spot. In the evening the hotel builds large fires on the beach. The hot fire makes the cold ocean breeze almost magical. Guests, who come from many nations, sit on logs and roast marshmallows and exchange ideas. Itís great fun.

A couple of miles up Highway 1, you can view Elephant Seals lying on the beach. There are a few good wineries with tasting rooms and the town of Cambria has excellent restaurants. And donít forget the town of Harmony, population seven. It is a few miles south of Cambria, on 1. There is a winery, glass blowing art colony and a great pottery shop.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cary's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cary reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 11:50 AM   #16
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Well, I was planning one for the 1997 SL2, but we'll be taking the Sable in stead since it replace the 1997 as the family wagon. Going to Atlanta for a week, Simpsonville SC for a few days, Virginia Beach for three days, Sweetwater NJ for ten days, then back South. Might stop in Charleston too, not sure yet.

I'm taking the SL2 to North Florida for a business trip in a couple of weeks, but that is only a few hundred miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 12:43 PM   #17
hoperlw1
hoperlw1 is on a distinguished road

No, but we'd like to be going to Cape Breton.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hoperlw1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hoperlw1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 02:50 PM   #18
SW2Muck
SW2Muck is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

I'd like to, but it all depends how things go financially.

Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

"Do you know your place, in the big charade? Are you more than they?"
-Bad Religion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SW2Muck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SW2Muck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 02:53 PM   #19
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default No

Even though I'm not planning a road trip, I can't say that it won't happen this summer. I really enjoy driving and often go on short trips just for the fun of seeing new places. There have been times when I've taken 6 or 7 hour round trips planned the day before with different friends just to visit some quaint attraction for a couple of hours.

Last year, I went camping with a large group of friends in northern PA over the labor day weekend and will probably do it again this year.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:37 PM   #20
SL2GUY
SL2GUY is on a distinguished road

Yep going to Montreal to the Metallica concert. Then down to Toronto.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2GUY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2GUY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread