SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
LuvMy1994
LuvMy1994 is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2
Default Turn Signal Fuse Keeps Blowing After Changed Tail Bulbs

Hi everyone!
I've read a few threads here and haven't quite found the answer to my problem, so I thought I'd ask.

I changed all the tail lights in the passenger's side assembly of my 1994 Saturn SL2, then immediately turned the car on to make sure the lights were working. Just because I felt like it, I flipped the turn signal on, and it didn't work! The fuse had blown, although it had been working perfectly before.

I replaced the fuse and flipped the signal on again. I saw the arrow light up for a split second on the dashboard, then nothing. The fuse had blown again. Tried it again. Same results.

The tail lights seem to be working fine. I did not touch the rear turn signal when I replaced the other bulbs, but could I have messed something up just by pulling out the tail light assembly?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LuvMy1994's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LuvMy1994 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LuvMy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
billr
Master Member
billr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nice

Default Re: Turn Signal Fuse Keeps Blowing After Changed Tail Bulbs

Could you have caused this problem while changing the lamp? Sure, in fact it appears likely that you did. Careful visual inspection is the first step here, look for a cut or break in wire insulation in the first 12" or so from the tail-light assembly. Take apart as much as you need to inspect adequately.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billr is offline   Reply With Quote