SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2015, 07:26 PM   #1
lhb113
lhb113 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
Question 2000 SL tensioner pulley problems

I have replaced the alternator, the tensioner pulley and a serpentine belt. I started the car up and it squealed like before and the belt broke. I am clueless as how to get my car up and running. Your input would be appreciated very much.

Thanks,

Lynn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lhb113's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lhb113 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lhb113 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2000 SL tensioner pulley problems

When the belt was first removed and alternator removed/replaced, did you check all the remaining pulleys for freedom to rotate? Its too easy to presume none of the other pulleys are seized but it never hurts to manually turn them to feel for wear and replacement if necessary. Since the belt broke, you may as well check each pulley to be sure none are seized. Finding one may be the cause.

In the future, it would be better to post problems in the S-series tech forums instead of the community center.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
lhb113
lhb113 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
Happy Re: 2000 SL tensioner pulley problems

Thank you. This is the first time I have joined a forum. So, I don't know the ropes. I appreciate your response. The other pulleys in the engine are fine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lhb113's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lhb113 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lhb113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2000 SL tensioner pulley problems

The only reason its suggested to post in the specific forums similar to your model is due to members habituated to perusing forums with the same model. More members reading in the forum for the S-series are likely to reply than the few who look in the Community or Introduction forums.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote