SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
Bdpennington
Bdpennington is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
Default 00-02 Sl2 Intake

I was looking into an intake for my Sl2, and there doesn't seem to be anything out there. However, AEM makes one for the SC2. Is there any reason why this wouldn't fit on my Sl2?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bdpennington's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bdpennington reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bdpennington is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2
Default Re: 00-02 Sl2 Intake

For any given year intakes are identical SL2/SW2/SC2.

Better than AEM idea: Goto the hardware store, the PVC pipe section. Get a 10' section of 3" pipe, 2 90 elbows, 4 45 elbows (might only need 3), pipe cement (or couplers for the outside of the pipes, maybe 3.5"? 4"?), 3" cone filter, whatever color spray paint you like best and a hand saw if you don't already have one.
Enjoy the same results for under $50 instead of over $200. Might need a 2.5" to 3" coupler for the TB to pipe part.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
Bdpennington

2000 SL2

Thanks! Ill definitely try out the hardware store method... sounds a lot cheaper for the same results.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Bdpennington reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #4
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

If you want to show your car off at all, look for a "real" intake vs the PVC version. Few will respect it. It also won't flow as smoothly, and won't give the nice bends of a purpose-made intake. In the past there have been AEM ripoffs available for a fraction of the price, no idea what's currently out there.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #5
Bdpennington

2000 SL2

I bought a knock off air intake that was supposed to fit gen 3 Saturns, and it didn't. I don't have any plans to show off my car, but I would like a little bit more power. I also plan to look into some intake tubing and such.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #6
CZECHLAGER
CZECHLAGER has a spectacular aura aboutCZECHLAGER has a spectacular aura about

2001 SL2
1995 SW1

Hello, I found my AEM CAI on ebay as a display model from a car show. It was repacked with everything just like it was never unpacked, but you could tell it had been out of the box and put together for display. All I had to do was clean off all the smudgy finger prints on the tubing. It did not have any scratches, scraps, or dings. Someone carefully pulled it out of the box, put it together, took it apart, put it back in the box, and saved me $220.00. $279.95 VS $49.95 + Free S+H !!! I really lucked out on this. That was 5 years ago. Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CZECHLAGER's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CZECHLAGER reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CZECHLAGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #7
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdpennington View Post
I bought a knock off air intake that was supposed to fit gen 3 Saturns, and it didn't. I don't have any plans to show off my car, but I would like a little bit more power. I also plan to look into some intake tubing and such.
Probably fits '91-'99 DOHC and '95-'02 SOHC just fine. '91-'94 SOHC and '00-'02 DOHC are silly

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote