SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to all

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 SL2
Default Hello and frustrating pop up ads?

I tried to post this in suggestions, but tells me I don't have enough privileges?

Anyhow I've been a member for over a year. First was over in the S Series and now on the L Series forums.
It says much about the Saturn that I am not on here often> On a Chrysler Forum with my wife's Sebring, it was a daily visit due to the issues.
Anyhow I have noticed that on all the threads I read certain words are highlighted and as the mouse moves around, the words turn into pop up ads. I am also getting sub heading banner ads as well. They all appear to be courtesy of 'Ad Choices'. I have never had this issue on other forums I have been involved in, only this.
Does anyone else have this experience here?
Pop Up ads can be extremely annoying and ruin the enjoyment of an article, etc when the thing pops up and blocks what you are trying to read. If the aim is to get me to buy said stuff, then the ad fails miserably and probably prompts me more NOT to buy the damn product.

Feedback on this would be appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #2
topcat
topcat will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Hello and frustrating pop up ads?

I believe the "ads" pay for the site to operate and is why it's free and not a paid subscription site. While I also do not like pop-ups, I would not punish the businesses providing me this resource at no cost to me.

Best.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to topcat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help topcat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:49 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasl22002 View Post
...Pop Up ads can be extremely annoying and ruin the enjoyment of an article, etc when the thing pops up and blocks what you are trying to read.

Feedback on this would be appreciated.
Wait for iittt..........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #4
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to all

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 SL2

In my post, 7 words were in green. Each one had a pop up ad. One was telling me , or trying to tell me about 15 actors who've had their ups and downs. Is that really 'advertising'?
I appreciate that sites like this are free as are other forums, but the point I was trying to make was this is THE first Forum I have ever seen these annoying pop up ads.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #5
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
I believe the "ads" pay for the site to operate and is why it's free and not a paid subscription site. While I also do not like pop-ups, I would not punish the businesses providing me this resource at no cost to me.

Best.
yes the adds really are annoying & get in the way sometimes, but they pay for this great free resource, so I guess it's worth it. just avoid running the mouse over the highlighted words, problem solved...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote