SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
lonewolf613
lonewolf613 is on a distinguished road

Default Questions for those running CB, 10 Meter, or Ham Radios

Hi, I've been a member for a couple years now but this is my first post. A few years ago I bought a 2003 Vue 2.2L 5 Speed and since she's about payed off I'm starting to add my personal touches. So I installed a CB radio in my Vue, it is a Cobra 75 WX ST so all the controls and speaker are built into the mic. Well I mounted the small power box up under the dash on the drivers side above and behind the small cubby to the left of the steering column and ran the mic cable out between the dash panel and the center column. The mic holder is screwed to the radio surround and I enjoy the placement and visibility. Now to my problem, I'm trying to figure out the best type and placement of antenna. I've been looking though old treads and everyone has had good luck with pretty much every type of antenna and placement. But I was playing with the idea of running a no ground plane antenna (since the body is plastic) with a flush side mount bolted to the panel between the rear doors and the rear most side windows. I know drilling though the body isn't the best route but I have called my local salvage yard and they have a 03' Vue of the same color in the yard so I was thinking, buy the junkyard panel drill threw it and mount it in the place of my original panels that way if I decide later on to remove the antenna or sell the vehicle I can reinstall the undamaged panel like nothing happened.

I'm just hoping for input and advice from guys out there who have been successfully running 2 way radios in their Vue's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (137.9 KB, 8 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lonewolf613's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lonewolf613 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lonewolf613 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links