SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #1
that1man
that1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nice

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default 2006 saturn relay a/c pressure switch location

hi

can someone point to the area of the pressure switch? i attached 2 images

would be grateful if someone can edit the images showing where it is and re-post

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to that1man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help that1man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
that1man is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2006 saturn relay a/c pressure switch location

Did you forget to post thumbnail images?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:29 PM   #3
that1man
that1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nice

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Did you forget to post thumbnail images?
i thought i did. the file ize max is really low!

"http"://postimg.org/gallery/31wpgr0rg/fc438f0f/

copy and paste the link above and remove the "" from http to get to the images i uploaded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help that1man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:40 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Which engine? The rear a/c service valve is most likely for the low side. The high side service valve is closer to the compressor and sized smaller than the low side valve. Look around both sides of the radiator. The green cap is for the evap system. The a/c pressure switch is shown near the oil filter but not sure if it applies to every engine.

Updating your profile to reflect what you drive eliminates playing twenty questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pressure sensor.jpg (39.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20150628_132918.jpg (159.7 KB, 18 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2015, 11:38 PM   #5
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

they're are both the same engine and there is another valve but its not in the image.. i posted a few more pics...

http"://postimg.org/gallery/uksyy3h6/a4fddfcf/

whats the pic you uploaded demonstrate?

thanks for responding

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-29-2015, 04:15 AM   #6
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Did you 'click' on those two thumbnails? There are several engines for Relays. Stating which engine helps readers incapable of clairvoyance........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #7
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

I think I'm going to try to replace the compressor on this thing. Can you recommend a brand? I've been reading around and it seems Four Seasons, while the cheapest, seems to get knocked. Is this really a bad or unreliable brand when it comes to compressors?

I've never done this before but I think with enough research I could get it done. Any tips or help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by that1man; 08-04-2016 at 10:20 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-05-2016, 12:16 AM   #8
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Continuing this thread started a year ago, never following up, and now concluding replacing the compressor may be an answer isn't what I would do. Unless you're completely familiar with refrigeration, diagnosing and troubleshooting, this can be an expensive project avoiding the easiest diagnostic methods suggested - buying and using an inexpensive UV blacklight to illuminate dye leaking out any system using it. Invisible refrigerant is released with oil and dye with dye the easiest marker to find with a UV light. Presuming 98% of all vehicle a/c problems are about the leak no one wants to admit to but run to the store for refill kits simply refills a......... leaking system. Using sealer simply contaminates and raises repair costs to ridiculous levels when it's too late to heed advice against it and save money making normal repairs.

There are plenty of examples of dye leaks posted if you google it. Find the source of the leak first then decide on whether or not you can make repairs to replace damaged parts. If you get that far then you can consider either completing repairs yourself or pay a shop to; perform evacuation, final leak testing before refilling with refrigerant to restore a system back to factory condition. This requires an electric vacuum pump, refrigeration gauges and miscellaneous items along with some common sense. The most important thing to remember is this, a/c repairs are unforgiving of mistakes.

Relays may have dual evaporators so find out where all the plumbing is so you have an overall perspective of the entire system. I would suggest subscribing to either alldata or Mitchell for full service manual info. Going into this project blind can be costly without needed info to make full repairs worth the time, costs and effort.

Last edited by fdryer; 08-05-2016 at 12:22 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #9
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Never mentioned this but a while back I used a product recommended by an AutoZone employee and she even helped me with it, refrigerant. Before that, the compressor kicked in like it should. I can't remember if I first, used some stuff to detect leaks like the dye you mentioned or if I just used a can of the refrigerant... think it was a combination. I did use a Uv light at some point and saw some leakage

Anyway, I was thinking I should take to a shop and have it diagnosed and go from there. Maybe it won't be as expensive as I thought...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-06-2016, 02:30 PM   #10
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Just a heads up about using store refrigerant refill canisters. If it contains sealer, all troubleshooting may be a waste of time as sealer will seal any orifice, passageway, port, whatever and may interfere with basic refrigeration. What's never revealed about sealer is its ability to react to moisture, usually moisture from the surrounding area external to a leak. All a/c systems start out free of moisture. Any incorrect servicing by anyone unfamiliar with a/c systems may allow a negative chemical reaction to occur to contaminate a system from within. Moisture allows sealer to react to close off leaks but may react to any moisture within a system. Moisture causing sealer to react simply starts sealing to occur wherever moisture is found. The filter/drier/accumulator has desiccant to absorb minute amounts of moisture during the operating life of vehicle a/c systems. Refrigerant, oil and dye are the only things circulating permanently in systems. Introducing sealer simply contaminates a system and the eventual damage it causes from those unfamiliar with refrigeration. There's at least one member here finding how contaminated his system became after using sealer and paid the ultimate price for his mistake when he realized too late upon opening his system for repairs. When sealer failed to perform, disassembling the system required a complete overhaul and rebuilding with all new parts as sealer contaminated everything. A costly lesson made a little less costly by repairing it himself but learning the hard way what sealer does. I don't recommend it and all my repairs are done the tried and true way, finding the source of the leak with a uv light, following up with replacing parts, using a vacuum pump and gauges, restoring a system back to factory operation with make up oil and correct amounts of refrigerant. This isn't an every day diy repair but can be done by anyone willing to spend the time and effort. Nothing hard or difficult comes easy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!