SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
TheCheeto
TheCheeto is on a distinguished road

Default Service StabiliTrack, service traction control, engine symbol

I get these lights fairly often, it used to be every few months, now it is about every day. Odb2 code reader says cylinder 2 misfire. Local auto shop said their reader said general misfire. As far as performance, my 2009 saturn vue awd v6 xr, runs fine it seems. Any thoughts? I'm fine paying for repair, just looking to see if anyone can shed some light on my issue, no pun intended.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TheCheeto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TheCheeto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TheCheeto is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Service StabiliTrack, service traction control, engine symbol

There may be three separate major problems or one problem that all three may have in common. Without some history of mileage, maintenance done and parts replaced, its guessing.

One area to tie in at least two issues together, battery and/or alternator. What condition is the battery in and what's the alternator outputting? Overlooking power has a direct influence on car electronics and ABS seems to be the close equivalent of the canary in the mine, announcing a power issue.

Misfiring may be worn out plugs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote