SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
cdinges
cdinges is on a distinguished road

Default Looking at buying a new to us outlook

Hey guys, new to the forum, been reading some problems and its starting to scare me. If you guys could give your input I would greatly appreciate it.

I found a 07 Outlook XR AWD about 300 miles away from where we live, so we cant easily go see it in person yet. A dealer (not just a used car lot) has it listed right at NADA price. The car has 75K miles on it and has every option under the sun, navigation, dual moonroofs, rear entertainment, power rear door...

I called and asked about it, the dealer said that its a very clean strong car and the only option that does not work is the remote start. He did mention that it had one owner and had the tranny rebuilt by the dealer 10K miles ago.

What are your guys opinions on the car? Should the tranny scare me away? I have read endless posts about how bad the vehicle is yet car review sites say that its the best SUV for under 20K, they have all said the outlook is the absolute best and 5 star reliability rating, nobody else had that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdinges's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdinges reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdinges is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Idea Re: Looking at buying a new to us outlook

9"..had the tranny rebuilt by the dealer 10K miles ago."

With all due respect to dealerships 'word', ask for a VIN printout which I presume should show the tranny fix (if not under warranty --- copy of the workorder)

Also should request list of the 4-5 recall/extended warranty coverage.

ex. headlight wiring upgrade, airbag upgrade; keeping water pump/overflow container fluid up to a certain line; seat belt (?) upgrade .

List whether done on that VIN already or not !

imho, and some ltd. experience

good luck,
doug c

p.s. chk under all mats for signs of water damage/marks indicating (reports of) leakage from those overhead roof openings, due to either unattached drainlines or being plugged .....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote