SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
jadenrosen
jadenrosen is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default L300 Check Engine Light

Hey this is my first post here, I just bought my Saturn its a 2004 L300 2.2L.

My question (I love the car by the way) is, the low coolant light came on, then would shut off later, and then later the service engine soon light came on and the coolant turned off, does low coolant ever turn the light on or should I be worried?

Its only been a day since I bought the car, so it's not ongoing yet... I'd just rather be safe than sorry. It may be first self bought car jitters lol.

But here's hoping!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jadenrosen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jadenrosen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jadenrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2015, 05:13 AM   #2
thepat
thepat has a spectacular aura aboutthepat has a spectacular aura about

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: L300 Check Engine Light

Have you checked your coolant level? I have a very slow leak and when it gets close to the minimum in the coolant tank, the light will come on, but shuts off when the car warms up and the pressure in system builds causing more coolant to be in the tank.

As far as the check engine light, get yourself a cheap OBD II scanner like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiScan...obd+ii+scanner

and get the code that's causing the light.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thepat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thepat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenrosen View Post
Hey this is my first post here, I just bought my Saturn its a 2004 L300 2.2L.

My question (I love the car by the way) is, the low coolant light came on, then would shut off later, and then later the service engine soon light came on and the coolant turned off, does low coolant ever turn the light on or should I be worried?

Its only been a day since I bought the car, so it's not ongoing yet... I'd just rather be safe than sorry. It may be first self bought car jitters lol.

But here's hoping!
That tells you your low on coolant. I seen my 03, 02 Saturn L300 do the same warning light. It's is natural during the course of driving coolant does evaporate out and you have to fill it. Now if you fill up your coolant and withing that week the light is back there might be more serious problem like head gasket leak. But if you fill it up to the normal level and drive and nothing happens then it was just low on coolant. For the Service light to come on you will need a Scanner to read the code to know what the Error code is and post it on here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:15 PM   #4
Rattler14
Rattler14 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

My OBD II reader I bought off of Amazon and is bluetooth compatible with my smart phone. Total of $25 and works like a charm; money well spent!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rattler14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rattler14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rattler14 is offline   Reply With Quote