SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
youngstr11
youngstr11 is on a distinguished road

Default Replace DVD Player with a Raspberry PI

So the DVD in My 2005 Saturn Relay went out about a year ago so I figured I would like to try and setup a Raspberry PI and remove the DVD player. So I pulled the DVD player by removing the 2 screws under the screen. I removed the DVD player from the board and then hooked up to a old DVD player to see if the player would go directly to A/V if the DVD is not present and I was correct.

Now I just need to get a voltage meter to see if the DVD was pulling 5 volts then I can hook up my Raspberry PI B+ to this or figure out where to pull power from. I would also like to find a way to have the Raspberry PI auto shut down when the ignition is turned off.

If you have a wiring diagram for the DVD in a Saturn Relay 2005 that would be really helpful. If you have done anything like and have advise please send it. Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to youngstr11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help youngstr11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
youngstr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Replace DVD Player with a Raspberry PI

Do these wiring diagrams help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dvd and satellite audio schematic.jpg (119.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg video system schematics.jpg (91.2 KB, 6 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote