SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: IS THIS SAFE????
SAFE 0 0%
NOT SAFE 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
georgedee
georgedee is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
Default Ebay sunroof?????

Only around $400..my sc2 ( think) has no sunroof..i should just be able to buy this thing..gut it..put a hole in my roof and install right?? Anybody ever done this..and im a mechanic so i should be ok..but thats the correct way to go about it right??? Thanks in advance and am lookin foreward to hangin out with yall as this is my first post

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to georgedee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help georgedee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
georgedee is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: Ebay sunroof?????

eBay auction number would be handy so we all can look. These are usually safe if properly installed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
georgedee

2002 SC2

ebay.com/itm/99-00-01-02-SATURN-S-SERIES-COUPE-ROOF-CUT-CPE-W-SUNROOF-2359831-/141410968435?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item20ecc02373&vxp=mtr[/url] AS LONG AS I DONT HAVE TO CUT MY A B & C PILLARS IM OK WITH ADDING THE HOLE AND SUNROOF COMPONENTS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help georgedee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

You can not install that into a car that does not now have a sunroof. They tell you that in the auction info. They also do not giver you the headliner etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
georgedee

2002 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
You can not install that into a car that does not now have a sunroof. They tell you that in the auction info. They also do not giver you the headliner etc.
what it says is "This part will ONLY fit these makes and models with these options!

SATURN S SERIES 01-02 Cpe, w/o roof SRS; w/sunroof"

i am the first option..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
georgedee

2002 SC2

and i can make a headline ..my wife does custom furniture an i am a mechanic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #7
georgedee

2002 SC2

how would i kno if i have an SRS in my roof??? or am i readin that wrong??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgedee View Post
what it says is "This part will ONLY fit these makes and models with these options!

SATURN S SERIES 01-02 Cpe, w/o roof SRS; w/sunroof"

i am the first option..
That line is for a car w/o roof SRS and WITH sunroof.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #9
OldNuc

1998 SC2

This is only a guess but the SRS looks to be the side airbag.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #10
georgedee

2002 SC2

Quote:
That line is for a car w/o roof SRS and WITH sunroof.
of ..i thought they were for both optiions..i see what you are saying..my ignorance still wants to be right tho..there was a guy who chopped the top on a sc2 ..sunroof cant be that bad compared to that..they look the same from the top as well like tho only difference is the sunroof..but i LOVE my saturn and dont want to buy it a one way ticket to the junk yard...so i will not be tryin this on mine..maybe buy another sc from 02 an try it on that..if it work ill put one on mine and sell the test car...or try a chop top??? THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP FOR ME SIRRRR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #11
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Go look at one in a JY where the headliner is off and there are a few attachments for tracks. I would look for an aftermarket sunroof kit if I wanted one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #12
georgedee

2002 SC2

Quote:
Go look at one in a JY where the headliner is off and there are a few attachments for tracks. I would look for an aftermarket sunroof kit if I wanted one.
good call on the aftermarket sun roof..never thought of that

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2

Something like this?

http://www.tgautomotive.com/product_p/np1732b5h.htm

Low Saturn used to put in pop up sunroofs like that, from Webasco, but looks like Webasco stopped carrying pop up sunroofs for Saturns

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #14
georgedee

2002 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
Something like this?

[tgautomotive.com/product_p/np1732b5h.htm[/url]

Low Saturn used to put in pop up sunroofs like that, from Webasco, but looks like Webasco stopped carrying pop up sunroofs for Saturns
i see.. idk if it worth it to me to chop my roof up and only get a gap...thats me assuming the saturn sunroof that comes on the sc1 in 2002 slides back to some degree..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-13-2014, 12:30 AM   #15
OldNuc

1998 SC2

The Saturn glass drive system is usually broke and parts are not available.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #16
georgedee

2002 SC2

Quote:
The Saturn glass drive system is usually broke and parts are not available.
that sounds about right...i looked at the oldest posts on here ..about the 3rd post ever was asking about sunroofs..pretty much everybody said if u want to keep the car and your wallet you keep the roof u got or go oem parts..and what u have told me il leave it alone..ill waste my life modifyin the engine bay and a rwd setup instead..much more ROI there

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #17
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

I vote for not having something stupid to bash my head into on bumps and having less leaks, leave the roof hole free

The stock sunroof pops up maybe 3", then slides back 75% the length of the hole leaving a giant hole in the roof that begs all the bees, wasps, flys, Japanese beetles, and every other flying bug to pop in and kill themselves on the rear package tray.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #18
georgedee

2002 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
I vote for not having something stupid to bash my head into on bumps and having less leaks, leave the roof hole free

The stock sunroof pops up maybe 3", then slides back 75% the length of the hole leaving a giant hole in the roof that begs all the bees, wasps, flys, Japanese beetles, and every other flying bug to pop in and kill themselves on the rear package tray.
i second that then we have big stink bug problems around these parts

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-16-2014, 02:04 AM   #19
OldNuc

1998 SC2

I see you have seen the light. I had 1 car with a sunroof, there will never be another. If someone had told me what a disaster it would be i might have listened or not but they would have been right. If you live in California on the northern coast you can get away with a sun roof, maybe but for the entire rest of the country just skip the hate and discontent not to mention the water dripping on your right knee when it rains.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-18-2014, 05:20 AM   #20
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutVUEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutVUEmaniac has a spectacular aura about

1997 SC2

I fail to see the attraction too. I've never ordered a car with a sunroof, but I've wound up with a few used cars with them. There's almost ALWAYS an issue and that's normally one of my first orders of business (checking/clearing drains and lubing the rails). Other than checking the function and doing the above maintenance, I don't think I've ever opened one of mine.

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. -Frank Herbert-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote