SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default intermediate shaft bearing replaced

Hey all,
Got some good news. The SKF bearing number that I posted previously is a perfect fit!!! It is in and actually not bad to replace at all. I will post a full step by step set of directions and pics in a few days, but the main things you need are a ratchet, 15 mm socket, flex joint and about two to three feet of extensions!!!!!
Oh yeah, corrosion free Southern parts are a huge help, otherwise expect to use a lot of penetrating oil, a vise, and a hammer to beat the CV axle off the intermediate shaft...
And you have to be careful not to damage the bearing housing/mounting bracket or you will screw your self....and it is aluminum....

Hope this helps....

John

aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lord_varon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: intermediate shaft bearing replaced

You're calling out the SKF # here?...........
"........... So, if you go to Napa and order bearing number 6206VSP55 for the price of $28.00, you should be good to go. The specs I have for Napa bearing are: ID 1.1791" OD 2.1653" W .6122". ............"

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
Ikiris
Advanced Member
Ikiris is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2

I purchased my bearing yesterday and having a shot replace it for me on Monday. It is cold and wet here in Southern Ontario and winter approaching rapidly. So I want the job done right by a shop. Thanks again so much for the info you got on this bearing number hunt!

04 Vue 3.5L V6 AWD 297000 km
00 Impala LS 3.8 V6 Loaded 262000 km SOLD
98 SC2 5speed-265000 km SOLD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ikiris's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ikiris reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ikiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L

Billy,
Yes, the skf number and the naps number are nearly identical, I think that there is a space or dash in there...but is the same thing, and those measurements are right. BUT.. This bearing is only for the 04-07 3.5s as far as I know. I don't think it will work on anything else. Would have to pull a 2.2 intermediate shaft and spec that bearing.

Ikiris,
If you have a garage this job is real easy.... Depending on the CV axle coming off the intermediate shaft. I am actually going to buy a second bearing and new CV axle and have an entire new assembly in stand by.

John...

aka
Lord_Varon
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
Ikiris
Advanced Member
Ikiris is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_varon View Post
Billy,

Ikiris,
If you have a garage this job is real easy.... Depending on the CV axle coming off the intermediate shaft. I am actually going to buy a second bearing and new CV axle and have an entire new assembly in stand by.

John...
No garage at my house, just a long driveway. Also, I am in Canada and the bearing has been in there for 11 years. 11 years of salt/snow and just Canadian weather. haha So I will let a shop do it this time!

04 Vue 3.5L V6 AWD 297000 km
00 Impala LS 3.8 V6 Loaded 262000 km SOLD
98 SC2 5speed-265000 km SOLD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ikiris's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ikiris reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ikiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:11 PM   #6
Thacherst
Thacherst is on a distinguished road

Did the replacement work?
I have the same issue now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Thacherst's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Thacherst reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Thacherst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #7
lord_varon
Advanced Member

2008 VUE 3.6L

Thacherst,
Actually my problem turned out to be the center support bearing on the rear driveshaft/ prop shaft. So that is the first thing I would replace if I were you.... I had three different mechanics tell me that my center support bearing was good as the rubber around it was nice and soft and pliable, no movement in the bearing.. All signs good. I swapped out intermediate shaft bearing and still had noise.... Swapped out center support bearing and silence. A good check is to drop rear driveshaft and then take car for a spin. if no noise then center support bearing.... If still noisy... Intermediate shaft bearing.

And my write up for doing the intermediate bearing is pretty good if that is the problem.

Let me know if you need any help.

John

aka
Lord_Varon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-29-2017, 04:21 PM   #8
psniadecki
psniadecki is on a distinguished road

1991 SL1
2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: intermediate shaft bearing replaced VUE 2004

Please help.... can't find an after market bearing to replace the Intermediate Shaft Bearing for a 2004 VUE with FWD CVT Tranny. The GM DEALER says the part is no longer stocked.

Also, has anyone tried an alternate GM part number to see if it will be a replacement?

Paul
=========
1991 SL1
2004 2.2 VUE, VTI
2002 2.2 VUE, Manual
2003 2.2 VUE, VTI(tranny failure at 112K miles)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to psniadecki's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help psniadecki reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
psniadecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:06 PM   #9
lord_varon
Advanced Member

2008 VUE 3.6L

psniadecki,
I would just hit up local junkyards for a used one. Then when you have the one out, get the measurements for the bearing, and a part number, and see if you can rebuild the piece with a new bearing... That is what I ended up doing.

John

aka
Lord_Varon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-31-2017, 02:48 PM   #10
waiter21
waiter21 is a glorious beacon of lightwaiter21 is a glorious beacon of lightwaiter21 is a glorious beacon of lightwaiter21 is a glorious beacon of lightwaiter21 is a glorious beacon of lightwaiter21 is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 2.2L

Try these two part numbers:

6206VSP55

and

539860-R20-28

This bearing is also used on a 2000 Cadillac Catera 3.0L V6

It looks like Rock Auto has one in stock.

This is NOT an standard 6206 bearing. its 55 mm wide, thats what makes it wierd.

2003 Vue - 2.2L with Manual Trans. (Swapped)
Originally had 2.2L and Auto trans.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to waiter21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help waiter21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote