SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Events
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Gas price around the country?

Yay!? Gas costs dropping. Neighboring NJ is about 25 cents lower. If it weren't for bridge tolls I would be visiting NJ for lower gas prices. I'm staying indoors with doors and windows sealed...........the apocalypse you know............ebola is the new scare, replacing anthrax, the last apocalypse a few years ago..........I wonder what next month's apocalypse du jour will be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nygasprices oct 2014.jpg (168.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg njgas.jpg (165.9 KB, 8 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Gas price around the country?

just dropped below $3, in SAn Diego

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

in minnesota was 280s to 290s but last week they all went to 309.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
SL19302
Master Member
SL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to all

2000 SW2
2002 SL1

Its 3.17 in my area I'd love to see it go below 3.00 but I can't complain it's come down a lot, I've been able to treat the saturns to the occasional 93 octane fill up every so often

2015 Subaru Forester Limited "Prinny"
2000 SW2 Still Running Strong- 160K Traded In
2002 SL1 Still has Its Training Wheels on at 88K Traded In

CHECK YOUR OIL!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL19302's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL19302 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL19302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:17 AM   #5
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to all

1995 SL1

We've dipped below $3, but not by much. The price delta to the mid grade and premium gas is high though, with as much as .50-.60 cents increase from 87 to 89 octane.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Another update with neighboring NJ prices. It would appear with fuel prices continuing to drop and possibly stabilize, the E85 proponents are dwindling with politics the only driving force to subsidize a controversial energy program.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nyc gas.jpg (93.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg nj gas.jpg (126.2 KB, 4 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #7
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I paid $2.96 for 87 octane @ Sam's Club for the most recent "fill-up." (In CA our super unleaded is only at 91 octane.) Anyway, while I was glad to finally pay a price under three bucks I learned that my joy is likely to be short lived.

In 2006 our state government passed some loony law to add a $0.17 per gallon fuel tax commencing Jan. 1, 2015. It increases over the course of five years or so to reach that amount - to the best of my knowledge - but I don't know what the initial uptick will be. My guess is that it's likely to be around nine or ten cents per gallon to start. Apparently it has something to do with a "hair-brained" idea about a carbon tax. billysvue, this is just the kind of bad news we all needed in our home state, right???

My state has been high-jacked for years by political jack-asses.

Take a look at this link to see about gas taxes per state...what do you all think?

http://www.exxonmobilperspectives.co...es_-_Full_Site

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #8
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutVUEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutVUEmaniac has a spectacular aura about

1997 SC2

I paid $2.53 x 21 gallons to fill my Audi this morning. It's gone down a few cents since last week. You guys in the blue states get whacked pretty bad with the various gas taxes.

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. -Frank Herbert-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #9
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia

2001 SL1

Central Virginia, $2.48 at a few non-branded stations. Exxon is @ $2.53.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #10
mauialoha
mauialoha is on a distinguished road

Maui HI 3.53 Gal. Costco

2004 VUE 3.5L AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mauialoha's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mauialoha reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mauialoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #11
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Watching a movie made back in 2002. One scene shows a gas sign showing $2.69 reg, $2.89 premium. Today's news indicates people are once again rebuilding debt. The dumbing down of America continues.........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #12
OU812
Advanced Member
OU812 has a spectacular aura aboutOU812 has a spectacular aura about

1996 SL1

$2.98 in the Bronx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OU812's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OU812 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #13
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to all

1995 SL1

Locally regular is hovering around $2.45-$2.50

The jump to mid grade and premium is huge lately. I passed a station a week or so back and the jump from regular to 93 octane was almost 90 cents!

Towards more rural areas I passed through on Monday, I saw gas below $2.40

Alordofchaos is worthy and hides in shadows only to hone his S Series knowledge ninja skills. Swift, silent, trustworthy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #14
BV22
Master Member
BV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of light

2002 SC1

$2.18 at the local Valero. We get our gas cheap in the Houston area since much of the nation's supply is made in the region.

BV22
2002 SC1 5M
298k 10/17

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BV22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BV22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BV22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #15
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to all

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

$2.55 for 87 in the Roslindale neighborhood of Boston today.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 181,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #16
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Downright awful!? "Oh, the humanity!?" http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/15/news...html?hpt=hp_t2

Monday NYC gas, $2.67/gal. And in case the link drops dead after some time passes, here's a reprint;

Gas for less than $2 is now widespread
By Chris Isidore @CNNMoney December 15, 2014: 7:48 AM ET

Low oil prices are a double-edged sword

After a weekend of price cutting at stations, gas for less than $2 can be found in 13 states across the country. Two weeks ago there was only one gas station in the country selling gas that cheap. Data from price tracker GasBuddy.com shows that three states -- Oklahoma, Louisiana and Ohio -- have at least one station each selling regular gas for less than $1.90 a gallon. Cheap gas is most frequently found at stations in Oklahoma, which was the first state to break the $2 a gallon mark on Dec. 3.

Another ten states -- Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Texas and Virginia -- also have gas for less than $2. Gas below $2 a gallon can only be found at a handful of stations in all these states, even in Oklahoma. Four of the states only have one station each with gas that cheap. All these states still have statewide averages well above $2 according to AAA. Missouri has the lowest average price at $2.25.

And with the statewide average in New York finally falling below $3 over the weekend, every state in the lower 48 now has an average below that benchmark. The nationwide average is now $2.55 a gallon, the lowest it has been since October 2009.

Falling gas prices have been driven by plunging oil prices. Crude traded below $60 a barrel for the first time in five years last Thursday and was just over $58 a barrel early Monday.

Falling demand for oil due to economic slowdowns in Europe and Asia, as well as more fuel efficient vehicles, are major reasons for the fall in oil prices. But increased U.S. oil production, which took the nation past Saudi Arabia as the world's largest source of crude earlier this summer, is another major factor, as is a strong dollar.

With OPEC so far unwilling to cut production in order to prop up prices, some forecast that oil could fall to near $40 a barrel at some point in 2015. That would drive gas prices down even more and make gas for under $2 a gallon common at stations across the country.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #17
Steve44
Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

1999 SL1
1999 SL2

Here in Toronto, Gas prices have dipped below a dollar a litre.
Average price here is 99.9/L which equals $3.77 a gallon.
People are dancing in the streets about this.
I found a station today at 94.9/L or $3.59.
I was so happy, I kicked in another $6. for a Car wash.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steve44's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steve44 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #18
SL19302
Master Member
SL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to all

2000 SW2
2002 SL1

Now its down to 2.69 here in northeast PA!

2015 Subaru Forester Limited "Prinny"
2000 SW2 Still Running Strong- 160K Traded In
2002 SL1 Still has Its Training Wheels on at 88K Traded In

CHECK YOUR OIL!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL19302's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL19302 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL19302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #19
Tethys
Advanced Member
Tethys is on a distinguished road

Many stations in St. Louis, MO are charging $1.99/gallon for 87 octane, while others sell it for $2.03/gal.

2015 Buick Verano Turbo
5 - 2006 Ion 3 Sedan, Manual, Storm Grey
4 - 2004 Ion 2 Sedan, Manual, Electric Blue
3 - 1996 SL2 Manual, Medium Red
2 - 1991 SL1 Manual, White
1 - 1991 SL Manual, Grey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tethys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tethys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tethys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #20
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

$2.46 Costco SAn Marcos, CA

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote