SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
satfan91
satfan91 is on a distinguished road

Default Bilstein-struts-shocks

Came across this the other day and thought I would share here.

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/suspe...shocks-313556/

http://cart.bilsteinus.com/search/mm.../drivetype=FWD

As some of you already know the cobalt and ion struts/shocks are the same.
So I did some digging and found this.

"Do you want Free Shocks?

BILSTEIN Shock Absorbers Aftermarket Development Division is seeking vehicles for the purpose of design/installation confirmation and tuning of dynamic characteristics (damping/valving).

Vehicle usage would encompass approximately 200 miles of on-road evaluation within a week’s period of time.Vehicle owner is required to deliver vehicle to the Bilstein Aftermarket headquarters in Poway, CA, and make arrangements for alternative transportation during the time of product installation and tuning.

In exchange for use of subject vehicle, vehicle owner will receive, at no charge, one set of shock absorbers (front & rear) installed on his/her vehicle, four wheel alignment and a full tank of fuel. ThyssenKrupp Bilstein offers a full “Garage Keeper’s Endorsement” providing vehicle owner insurance.

Passenger Cars Needed:

'04-'11 Chevrolet Cobalt including SS model
’10-’11 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible
’10-’11 Chevrolet Camaro V6 coupe/convertible
’09-’12 Mazda RX-8 any trim level

If interested in supplying your Passenger Car, please submit Ride Testing Form. "
http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/s...le-submission/

I know for a fact the price point is going to keep some people away but if you want to play you have got to pay.
Lead time on the SP struts is approximately 60-90 days the shocks can be found now.
The HD struts are available come Monday 27 October 2014 and the shocks are again the 60-90 day lead time.
The lead times are due Bilstein doing a build as ordered or "special order" from what I have gathered this past week.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satfan91's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satfan91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
satfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2017, 09:04 PM   #2
satfan91
satfan91 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Bilstein-struts-shocks

Good evening everyone,

The images below have matching part numbers for the cobalt but are for an Opal Astra G or H. These struts are in production for the Opal platform and are available directly from Germany along with possible vendors state side.
The only difference that I can see are the tabs on the struts which are used for the brake lines on the Opal. The rear shocks we already know fit and the struts will also I believe so long as the Opal Astra has the same size knuckle to mount the strut. truckspring link shows the new tab style struts and also list them for the cobalt directly. The B4 are oem replacements, B6 are a performance strut while the B8 are also performance struts but are designed shorter for lowering springs and the reduced travel needed to dampen the springs properly.

Bilstein B8 Dampers & DAP Race Spec Springs ? Astra H VXR | The Courtenay Sport Blog

Bilstein B4 Front Left Shock Absorber Opel Astra H GTC (L08) 1.9 CDTI (88 kW) | eBay

Bilstein B4 Front Right Shock Absorber Opel Astra H GTC (L08) 1.9 CDTI (88 kW) | eBay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...14666&_sacat=0

https://www.truckspring.com/suspensi...9&model=Cobalt

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satfan91's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satfan91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
satfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote