SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
senna95
senna95 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
2004 VUE 2.2L
Default 2007 VUE Battery dies randomly

A couple weeks ago I noticed the drivers side door lock actuator wasn't locking or unlocking properly. It would sometimes work and other times not actuate fully. Didn't think anything of it until my wife calls me to jump her car because there wasn't enough juice to start the car. Lights would come on but not enough to turn it over. I figured the solenoid in door lock could be the culprit. I ordered a replacement and disconnected the switch lead to the door lock and charged the battery. After charging the car started just fine. After sitting for 2 day the battery was dead. I realized that since I left the door skin off that the dome light switch striker wasn't being engaged because of missing skin. Recharged battery and put a shim to hold striker in place(keeping down lights off). The car started just fine and the wife drove it for 2 1/2 days and then she calls again because car wouldn't start. I jumped it and it ran fine till I got it home. Tried to start it after getting home and the still wasn't enough juice to start it.
I charged it over night and its fully charged now.
I'm going to leave it for a day and see if it is drained.
It seems to have the original Delco battery in it. Could there be a bad cell in it?
Or is there a parasitic drain?
By the way, the wife did not lock the car for the days she was driving it, so I don't believe the door locks have anything to do with it.
Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to senna95's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help senna95 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
senna95 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2007 VUE Battery dies randomly

Not too many batteries last 7 years anymore. I just replaced mine in my '07 and I was amazed it lasted that long.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #3
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2007 VUE Battery dies randomly

ever removed and cleaned the battery posts and clamps?

What's the battery voltage engine off/on?

after sitting overnight?

Get a new battery under the hood.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote