SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
dnl
dnl is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Fuel injector issues

I have a 2009 outlook. I have had a couple of issues with fuel injectors. the first time I was having intermittent misfires. The second happened recently. A couple of injectors were stuck open.
Cylinder #5 had problems both times.
Is anyone else having issues like this?
Is there a way to prevent these kind of issues?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dnl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dnl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dnl is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Fuel injector issues

keep in mind that if you are still in 5/100k the 2007 thru 2009 powertrain warranty does cover fuel injectors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
dnl

2003 VUE 3.0L

Thanks
Yes both were covered under the power train warranty. I am getting close to that ending, so I would like to prevent further issues. Someone suggested using LM2007 Jectron fuel injector cleaner on a regular basis. they have a couple of cars that they use ti on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dnl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dnl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

i would make sure to use top tier fuels. look it up if not sure what that is. i only recently caught on to that. required in direct injection cars which you have. keeps things much cleaner than standard fuels. same price. if you dont use top tier you will have problems with gum up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
dnl

2003 VUE 3.0L

Thanks.
I will look into it.
I have been buying my gas at the same place for years and have used it on several vehicles. the Outlook is the only one with injector issues.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dnl's Reputation
Old 08-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

do other cars have direct injection?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #7
dnl

2003 VUE 3.0L

That I don't know.
This is the first that I had heard about different types of fuel injections.
So the little bit of research that I did showed indirect and direct injection. I don't know what the other cars have.
I will try your suggestion about the Top Tier Gas.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dnl's Reputation
Old 08-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

my 2013 kia optima has direct injection.factory maint schedule says fuel injector cleaner every 7500 miles unless top tier fuel used. more and more stations going to top tier now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!