SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
FARPAR
FARPAR is on a distinguished road

Default Sad to say I am done with Saturn

I haven't posted in a long time.

Traded the 2008 Outlook today for a new Subaru Outback. So many issues with the Saturn the most recent this year being water pump replacement, AC leak in the system estimated cost to repair was $2,200, headlight wire problems, and a seal leak in the axle.

The 2008 only had 57,000 miles.

My 1st Saturn was a 1991 SL1 with a manual transmission. Cheap car but built like a tank. Owned it for 13 years and then donated it to Vietnam Vet's organization.

Wish you people the best with your Saturn's.

Frank

2009 Honda EX
2008 Outlook XE
2001 Pontiac Grand Am
1999 Saturn SC2
1992 Camaro RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FARPAR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FARPAR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FARPAR is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Sad to say I am done with Saturn

I'm sorry to see you go. There's something about being a Saturn owner that made me think of myself as set apart from all of the other car owners out there and in a good way. If your thinking was in any way like that then perhaps there's some feeling of loss in seeing an ownership experience which you valued coming to an end. I know it will be that way for me. The other truth is that eventually these cars will have all gone the way of the cassette tape player. Oh well.....

Clearly, the Outlook was giving you too much grief.

I wish you the best with your new Subaru!

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
dnl
dnl is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

I have a 2009 Outlook and I also have had a lot of issues. I am not able to get another car at the moment, so I am holding on to mine and hoping for the best from here on out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dnl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dnl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
blackgold78
blackgold78 is on a distinguished road

I've owned my 2009 Saturn Outlook for 5 months now. It had a studdering problem before I bought it, but the dealer guy assured me that was normal. So I bought it, took it to have it looked at and was told it needed a tune up and control arm bushings. THat didn't solve the problem. So I took it to a GM dealership service center and they said I needed a new Transmission.

I paid $7200 for this vehicle November 2016 and am very upset I am stuck with it for now. I too and actively looking for another SUV with 3rd row seating and hope I can sell this one close to what I paid for it. I said I was done with Saturn after my Saturn Vue kept messing up on me, wish I had stuck with that.

Good Luck with your new vehicle!!

Edited to say: just realized the post was from 2014.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blackgold78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blackgold78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blackgold78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

What state are you located in, blackgold78? Can you document or demonstrate in some way the statement about the stuttering issue: "the dealer guy assured me that was normal?" Your state may have some consumer rights laws that may be of help to you.

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #6
NotaNigRigged04
NotaNigRigged04 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
1998 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Yeah, BlackGold, Pierrot there is correct!
Many states do have "Lemon Laws" which give protection for buyers vs shady new/used car dealers.

Here In NYC where I am we have had them for many years and they DO actually work and help people!

You should look into returning that lemon you got!

But, Lemon Law's do NOT apply when you buy a vehicle from a "private sale" (an individual person)

Most states that DO have Lemon Laws that give you anywhere from 30 to 180 days to return a vehicle!

Also, never believe ANYTHING any used car dealer tells you!
(They really ARE all sleezeballs who are full of BS and are just out to make that $ale!)

ALWAYS bring a well trained/licensed mechanic with you to look at any used car!
(Personally, I charge only $50 to go along with and thoroughly inspect used vehicles, no matter if we go look at only 1 or 100 vehicles the rate is the same! And you'll know right then and there if a vehicle IS worth buying or not!)

Any used car "s-t-u-t-t-e-r-s" for even one second during a test drive, I run away from it as fast as I can!
(It's usually a good sign of a tranny issue, I've installed new tranny's that cost more than the vehicle it was going into was even worth!)

If I see any tore up/spliced/doctored/taped up wiring under a dashboard, I run away from it as fast as I can!
(Electrical problems can be caused from someone adding/removing aftermarket audio/video gear, many times gear IS installed by kids incorrectly and causes electrical problems which can be very hard and expensive to trace and repair!)

If it ain't broke....you probably didn't beat on it hard enough! Doh!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NotaNigRigged04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NotaNigRigged04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NotaNigRigged04 is offline   Reply With Quote