SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Stratboy69
Stratboy69 is on a distinguished road

Default 07 Outlook XR Power Liftgate Inoperable

The power liftgate on my wife's 2007 Saturn Outlook became inoperable recently, any my untrained inspection indicates a bad actuator rod, as the rod appears to be cracked and leaking. I have ordered a replacement rod, and in an abundance of caution, two Strongarm Lift Supports -- Strongarm Part #: STA6152.

The lift supports have arrived, but I haven't installed them yet, and the rod won't be delivered until next week, and I need to do a lot of hauling and moving this weekend. With this background, I have a couple of questions:

1. If I go ahead and install the 2 new supports, will the liftgate operate manually, i.e., if I push it open, will it stay that way (currently it just falls back down).

2. Can anyone post a picture or instructions as to how best to remove the inside rear panel so as to allow me to install the actuator rod?

Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Stratboy69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Stratboy69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Stratboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
Stratboy69
Stratboy69 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 07 Outlook XR Power Liftgate Inoperable

The answer to my first question is yes -- manual operation is now possible -- the gate stays up. The Strongarm struts were a very easy install.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Stratboy69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Stratboy69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Stratboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote