SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
RockAuto.com
RockAuto.com will become famous soon enoughRockAuto.com will become famous soon enough

Default RockAuto FAQ

Do you have a question about RockAuto? Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page may have the answer you are looking for! (http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/faq.html).

Some of the common questions include:

Why are your prices so much lower than at my local store or dealership?
Answer: http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/answers.html#lower

How much is shipping?
Answer: http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/answ...l#SHIPPINGCOST

How do I use the truck icons in the catalog to minimize shipping?
Answer: http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/answ...ml#MINSHIPCOST

I can't find a part I'm looking for. Where is it?
Answer: http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/answers.html#PARTSEARCH

What kind of warranty do RockAuto parts have?
Answer: http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/answ...WARRANTYLENGTH

Take a look at the RockAuto FAQ page to get the answers to these questions and many other questions you may have!

If you have a question about the RockAuto catalog, parts or an order, please visit our FAQ page (http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/faq.html) and/or Order Status & Returns page (http://www.rockauto.com/orderstatus/orderstatus.php). Still can’t find the answer? Send us an email at Service@RockAuto.com.

RockAuto.com - SaturnFans.com Paid Sponsor

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RockAuto.com's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RockAuto.com reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RockAuto.com is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2014, 04:15 AM   #2
trantrongthivn
trantrongthivn is on a distinguished road

Default Re: RockAuto FAQ

I need to buy NPW Water Pump and want to buy one from Rockauto for my car, Mitsubishi Grandis, but RockAuto does not have this brand in stock.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trantrongthivn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trantrongthivn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trantrongthivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
FINCH
FINCH is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Good prices. But i am yet to find it cheaper than buying local after you factor in the shipping.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FINCH's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FINCH reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FINCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to all

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINCH View Post
Good prices. But i am yet to find it cheaper than buying local after you factor in the shipping.
I disagree. The prices of most items on RockAuto is at least 1/3 off when compared to the local brick and mortar stores even when you include the S&H charges. You don't pay any local sales tax when purchasing items from RockAuto (at least not in my state). The downside is that return shipping costs make it less ideal to buy parts from RockAuto for those "just in case" situations.

For example, I will be replacing struts on our Equinox soon. I won't know whether or not I need new strut mounts & bearings until the old struts are removed. I'd like to have the new ones with me and ready to install if I need them. There is no penalty for returning items to the local auto parts store if I don't need them. However, the mounts are $199/pr (including 7% local sales tax) at the local Advance Auto Parts store, but only $112/pr (incl S&H) from RockAuto.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 175K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 170K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:03 AM   #5
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to all

1995 SL1

Not to mention when you buy local you spend often just as much if not more time calling, driving, picking it up, burning gas, etc. Online you order and then get the stuff at your door.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruley73 View Post
I disagree. The prices of most items on RockAuto is at least 1/3 off when compared to the local brick and mortar stores even when you include the S&H charges. You don't pay any local sales tax when purchasing items from RockAuto (at least not in my state). The downside is that return shipping costs make it less ideal to buy parts from RockAuto for those "just in case" situations.
RockAuto's prices are great and I'm not charged sales tax by them either. However, there have been several occasions where it's not been an economically viable choice to purchase from them due to shipping charges as they vary depending on where you reside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruley73 View Post
For example, I will be replacing struts on our Equinox soon. I won't know whether or not I need new strut mounts & bearings until the old struts are removed. I'd like to have the new ones with me and ready to install if I need them. There is no penalty for returning items to the local auto parts store if I don't need them. However, the mounts are $199/pr (including 7% local sales tax) at the local Advance Auto Parts store, but only $112/pr (incl S&H) from RockAuto.
You're probably already aware of this, but it's generally considered a good repair practice in this situation to replace the strut bearings - regardless of their present condition - whenever the front struts are being replaced. It's similar to the reasoning for replacement of water pumps whenever timing belts are replaced on Saturn's 3.0L V6's. It's not good to be in need of pulling out newly replaced struts merely to replace the bearings as it results in an unnecessary second labor charge, or for a DIYer, an unnecessary loss of time.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote