SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
jessicag89
jessicag89 has a spectacular aura aboutjessicag89 has a spectacular aura about

Default Multiple Codes on my 03 L300

P0727
P0731
P0734
P1810
P0700
P0335
P0341

Aw man... Where do I start?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jessicag89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jessicag89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jessicag89 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Multiple Codes on my 03 L300

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicag89 View Post
P0727
P0731
P0734
P1810
P0700
P0335
P0341

Aw man... Where do I start?
By stating any symptom, a brief maintenance history and parts replaced otherwise we play twenty questions and prolong this thread.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #3
jessicag89

There's no symptoms.

Now my light is off.
Ugh. I don't know what this car needs from me!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jessicag89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Updating your personal profile by adding your location and car stats allows some idea of where you are relative to the region that has a bearing on overall wear and tear, weather wise. The "rust belt" states deal with salt corrosion from salted roads, contributing to early corrosion problems while the desert states cooks batteries into an early grave.

<----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
jessicag89

I live in Chicago. Weather is rainy today.
Now my light decides to come back on... Sigh
No signs or symptoms. Just a light that goes off and on with multiple codes

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #6
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Well, lets start by listing the high points of engine maintenance, parts replaced, and total mileage to date to minimize playing twenty questions. And if possible (never assume error codes are the same especially when the check engine light comes on goes off on its own), retrieve the error codes and compare to see if they're repeating, one or more stay away or new ones appear. Although annoying, the check engine light turning off means the on board diagnostic system detected a correction and simply reset itself as its programmed to do so for simple errors. Other errors may take up to three engine/drive cycles before resetting to ensure an error is truly corrected. Yours coming and going seems to be false errors that no programming can correct and where a person is needed to interpret these codes compared to why its resetting. If repeating codes, this may suggest an electrical connection issue like corrosion, loose connections or something else. Poor/loose grounds that are in several places are needed to control grounding all electronics and any one poor ground may cause erratic symptoms like yours. This is more or less advanced troubleshooting but anyone can take the time to look carefully over the wiring and note any possible corrosion issues that are visible and work from there.

What repair/troubleshooting skills do you have and can a relative or friend help before resorting to repair shops?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!