SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
XxXDipCopeXxX
XxXDipCopeXxX is on a distinguished road

Default Loss of power, Dies, and Trips Multiple Codes..

I have a 02 3.0 AWD that has been experiencing loss of power random dying and rough idle.. It also out of no where has about 9 code trips.. Most trips are fuel related or loss of ECM communication.. Took it in to get it looked at to see what exactly I was working with and was told I need to replace the ECM or its the Throttle body... Wondering if this is true, am I able to plug n play? Or am I able to take to any mechanic and have them reflash the current ECM? I called the dealer to see what they want and its over 1200 for labor and part cost.. I don't have that if this is the problem. Hoping to find if there are other posssiblities of whats wrong or cheaper solutions.. Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XxXDipCopeXxX's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XxXDipCopeXxX reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XxXDipCopeXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2014, 02:30 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Loss of power, Dies, and Trips Multiple Codes..

Vehicle mileage, maintenance done, parts replaced? There are several guesses to give but it may be advantageous to you to search threads for general troubleshooting, looking for fuel and spark tests. Unfortunately, some dealers and repair shops take full advantage of vehicle owners being clueless about EFI systems that can be difficult to work on. Air, fuel and spark are still needed to make an engine run and checking the easy stuff posted many times here is a good start to basic troubleshooting dealers/repair shops aren't giving away. While electronics are sophisticated, simple troubleshooting can determine faulty sensors that are known to fail. Ecm's aren't known for failing despite "professional" opinions. Blown fuses, poor/loose ground connections, and sensors like the crank sensor are known failures. Error codes are sometimes false due to the way electronics operate - sometimes false codes are generated as a sensor fails intermittently to cause erratic engine running that cannot be diagnosed with programs despite the efforts of the best minds.

No one knew the Hubble space telescope was "blind" until it was turned on when engineers discovered a small miscalculation caused the most expensive space telescope to become instantly myopic from using incorrect lens grinding calculations. Millions were spent to fix the problem and the rest is history with magnificent photos keeping astronomers busy for years.

Last edited by fdryer; 06-13-2014 at 02:40 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
XxXDipCopeXxX
XxXDipCopeXxX is on a distinguished road

The vehicle has roughly 135xxx, and I have done more work to it than ever wanted for what I payed.. I have spent many hours underneath the hood of this car but when it comes to this issue I'm lost.. I have tried going through the forums and searching for similar issues but nothing I come across is similar enough to my issues.. It does not do this all the time just randomly.. I can drive for a day to a week to a month no problem then out of no where next time I drive the vehicle will just die then start right back up and have no power what so ever then or will roll up to a stop sign and instantly the vehicle can not maintain idle speed.. after turning it off and letting it sit for a min it will either fix itself or keep acting up until I let it sit longer..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XxXDipCopeXxX's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XxXDipCopeXxX reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XxXDipCopeXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Whether you are aware of it or not, many symptoms that may appear not to fit your situation are in fact the same problem. The randomness of erratic problems may be corroded/loose wiring connections, possibly from water seeping in to areas not prone to water intrusion unless roof drains clog or door seal deteriorates. If you search carefully, you'll come across threads addressing water intrusion into the ecm/bcm areas causing corrosion resulting in intermittent issues. A service bulletin was issued about it too. Water/moisture leaves calcium like deposits to indicate a trail. If you have to hunt for moisture causing electrical issues, be sure to disconnect battery negative before disconnecting anything to ensure all circuits are dead to reduce chances of power glitches that tends to confuse electronics that react by locking up (I call it spazzing out) requiring a complete power down before powering up again. If you do disconnect things, having a can of electrical contact cleaner can help. Just be sure to reconnect multiple pin connectors as straight and inline as possible - bending/breaking one pin can ruin anyone's day.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote