SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #1
alfisalive
alfisalive is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default 2007 saturn aura xr water leaks

ive seen a lot about the sunroof as a possibility. i recently noticed that the floor on my drivers side front is really wet after raining and not from just putting wet shoes on it. the whole mat is wet and the floor is very moist. so any tips /tricks/helpful hints about removing headliner to check hoses. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alfisalive's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alfisalive reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alfisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: 2007 saturn aura xr water leaks

It could be the seals / door gaskets around the upper and, in particular, the lower door edges. That's a good place for water to enter. I don't think anything would be leaking from up underneath your pedals.

Do a water test. Cover your floor board (driver and rear driver side - wherever you've noted wet areas) with a thick towel and hose your AURA off by directing a gentle stream at your driver door and roof and giving it a little while for the water to run off. Then check your floors.

When I had a minor leak due to my sunroof drain being plugged several years ago, I had a few drops of water leak only from the overhead controls within a few days of rain but nothing major and certainly no damp floor boards.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
golftango
golftango is on a distinguished road

Two possibilities.

Clogged sunroof drains.

Clogged HVAC drain hose.

The later is more common as soon as the AC is used. A can of compressed air can help using the straw attachment.

'12 Honda Pilot EX-L & '13 Suzuki Kizashi S 6MT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to golftango's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help golftango reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
alfisalive
alfisalive is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

where would said drain hose be located ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alfisalive's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alfisalive reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alfisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #5
golftango
golftango is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfisalive View Post
where would said drain hose be located ?
Do you have a sunroof, if yes, I'd look there first. The AC drain hose only referenced 2008-2009 Aura models:

#09-01-37-002D: Water Leak into Front/Rear Passenger Floor and/or Carpet Wet (Inspect White Plug in HVAC Evap Drain and Apply Sealer to Front of Dash) - (Sep 27, 2010)

Subject: Water Leak into Front and Rear Passenger Floor and/or Carpet Wet (Inspect White Plug in HVAC Evaporator Drain and Apply Sealer to Front of Dash Area)

Models: 2008-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

2008-2011 Chevrolet HHR, Malibu

2008-2010 Pontiac G5

2008-2009 Pontiac G6

2008-2009 Saturn AURA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add the Pontiac G5 model. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 09-01-37-002C (Section 01 - HVAC).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that the front and rear floor carpet is wet on the passenger side.

Cause
This condition may be caused by a plugged HVAC evaporator Drain. In some cases, water from the HVAC system will drain back though the front of the dash.

Correction
Note: Reposition of the heat shield is not necessary on a Cobalt and HHR.

Verify the customer's concern. If there is water on the passenger side front floor area, raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in SI.
Inspect the operation of the drain.
Note: Make sure that small debris is not plugging up the drain.

Reposition the heat shield (1) in order to gain access to the HVAC drain.

Remove the white plug (1) and assure there is no debris in the drain tube and/or plug. If debris exists, pull from the drain tube (do NOT force back into evaporator case) and reinstall the plug.

Important: Do not get sealer on the heat shield, on the end of, or within the drain tube.

Mask off the areas (1, 2) by the HVAC drain using high-quality automotive tape.
Apply high tech seam sealer, Kent Industries P/N P10200*, to the front of dash area as shown in figure below.

Remove the high quality automotive tape and reposition the heat shield to its normal position.
Lower the vehicle. Let the vehicle run with A/C on.
Perform a final inspection for the A/C and verify that the system is draining properly.

'12 Honda Pilot EX-L & '13 Suzuki Kizashi S 6MT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to golftango's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help golftango reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #6
PackMan1
PackMan1 is on a distinguished road

Several weeks ago after a large rain storm I found water on the passenger side rear floor board of my 2008 Saturn Aura. For the past month I have driven the car with the passenger seat removed looking for the leak and drying the carpet. Removing the seat allow much better access in order to dry the foam under the carpet. My car was holding about a gallon of water in the carpet and foam. The first thing I would recommend is placing a hose on the wind shield with the hood up and watch for leakage into the engine compartment and onto the fire wall. The Aura appears to be a different design than my Pontiac G6 and requires a sealant bead under the black cover plate located under the wiper arms. Once this sealant bead is broken water leaks down the wire wall. Once the carpet was removed from the passenger side, I could see that the water was leaking down the left foot side of the passenger under a large sound damping pad. The AC condensate line is located in this location and penetrates the fire wall. I used a utility knife and cut the sound damping pad from around the AC condensate line. Once cut, I pulled out all of the foam rubber and replaced with silicon rubber.

This repair is now keeping the engine dryer and runs better after rain storms.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PackMan1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PackMan1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PackMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote