SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2014, 01:30 AM   #1
korado665
korado665 has a spectacular aura aboutkorado665 has a spectacular aura about

Default Gen 3 2002 SC2 Instrument Cluster Connector Wiring Help

Hi guys. I need some help with my Gen 3 2002 Saturn SC2. After having success with the IPJB A2 (F5) issue, I had the confidence to take on another electrical issue. My instrument cluster was acting up... back lights and opera lights flickering and going off, turn signals indicators working when they feel like it, etc. When I notices that things go on and off when I wiggle the harness by the connector, i decided to retension those tiny GM Micro-pack terminals. Normally I take pictures of everything before I start, but this time I figured if I go one pin at a time, I won't need pictures. Well... I must have reinstalled a terminal into the wrong position. The cluster is basically dead except for the security light.

Would anyone out there be kind enough to provide me with a pin-out chart or close-up pictures of their instrument cluster wiring harness so I could get the right colors in the right sockets?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to korado665's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help korado665 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
korado665 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2014, 03:25 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Gen 3 2002 SC2 Instrument Cluster Connector Wiring Help

Does this help?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ip 02 SC2.pdf (125.9 KB, 117 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
korado665

This is awesome. Just what I was looking for. Printing this out and heading to my car right now. YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Thank you. Remember the fallen.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help korado665 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
korado665

Thanks to the diagram, I found my problem. I inserted the pin that should have been in A1 into B1. Cluster works again. All's good in saturnville. Thanks again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

The best part is that YOU found and fixed the problem! Thank you for posting a follow up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
Freak Storm
Freak Storm is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

I've been having instument cluster problems ever since I replaced the dash bulbs. I'm fairly certain that retensioning the electrical pins in the harness pack will solve the problem. How should I go about this?
Is there a way to retension without pulling each pin out? Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Freak Storm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Freak Storm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Freak Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #7
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

There are male pins and female sockets. Sometimes when reconnecting connections, pins or sockets fail to align and push against each other resulting in pushing out either pin or socket. A careful visual inspection can sometimes reveal which terminal pushed out by how much wire is displaced in a bundle or if a terminal peeks out behind the plastic connector before disconnecting things.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
Freak Storm
Freak Storm is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

Thanks, I'll check it out.
I'm mainly trying to figure out the best way to retension the pins. Thanks for your input.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Freak Storm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Freak Storm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Freak Storm is offline   Reply With Quote