SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Quteness
Quteness is on a distinguished road

Default Service Traction and Service ESC and P0113

Hi, I have a 2008 Aura XE 3.5L. For a while I was having issues with the car a rough idle. I changed the spark plugs and that fixed it a bit then I took it to the dealer and the distro cap replaced and that fixed it for a while.

Now a few months later the car is idling rough again and everytime I'm in motion the info display in the car cycles between "SERVICE TRACTION" and "SERVICE ESC". Every now and then a "ESC OFF" is thrown in there. Using my laptop I'm getting a P0113 code which says something about the "Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input"

I'm not really sure where to go from here and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Quteness's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Quteness reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Quteness is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 01:04 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Service Traction and Service ESC and P0113

DTC P0113: Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

The intake air temperature sensor is internal to the maf sensor (between air filter and throttle body). Maf cleaner can be used for maintenance and exercising the connector once or twice (disconnect/reconnect) may improve things. Some error codes are reset on the next engine start while others may require several engine cycles before the check engine light resets.

The ABS/TC and ESC are all part of the braking system enhancements. Either an intermittent issue is disabling the ABS/TC/ESC system or (some models) the battery/alternator system isn't regulating correct power - whether the battery or alternator is at fault requires fault isolation/testing. Battery life is limited so a review of battery warranty can tell you whether or not the battery is due for replacement. Battery and alternator testing are usually free from auto stores selling batteries.

Last edited by fdryer; 04-09-2014 at 01:12 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

firstly: "distro cap"?

113 code means either the IAT sensor itself is bad or there's a circuit issue. the IAT sensor is combined with the MAF sensor. u can try replacing the sensor but there's no guarantees without proper testing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
Aura3.5XE
Aura3.5XE is on a distinguished road

I had the same thing happen to my Aura XE 3.5, most likely it is related to your Mass Air Flow sensor. Before you replace it, remove tubing and electrical tape from the connector of the MAF to see there is no pinched or bad wires. In my situation the harness seemed like it had been replaced, so about 8-10 inches from the connector back it had a butt connectors and two wires had come off from them, triggering "Service Traction" and "Traction Off" and having the car stall and miss. Spliced them back in and problem solved.

Last edited by Aura3.5XE; 04-10-2014 at 11:36 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aura3.5XE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aura3.5XE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Aura3.5XE is offline   Reply With Quote