SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
wwinnie200
wwinnie200 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Arrow 2003 Vue V6 AWD Automatic

My Vue has about 116,500, I am the original owner and have done all required maintenance except for the timing belt. About 4 months ago I noticed a sound, almost like a muffler starting to get a hole it in. As time progressed, the sound got lounder and happens only when I accelerate. After I reach a steady speed I don't hear the sound anymore. My RPM's also dropped from about 800 down to 650. The vehicle shifts normal and drives fine but it seems to idle really rough when I am stopped and my gas mileage is down to about 14mpg. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be? I don't want to take it into a shop without having some idea as to what the problem could be because I don't want to be taken advantage of. Any advise will greatly be appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wwinnie200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wwinnie200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wwinnie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2003 Vue V6 AWD Automatic

required maintenance doesn't always jive with maintenance that should be done... by the way, why are you waiting for your engine to grenade instead of putting a new timing belt on, or am I missing something?

I don't know what fluid change intervals are called out ( per SAturn)for the trans/axle, rear diff but it should be 25000 miles.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2003 Vue V6 AWD Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysvue View Post
... by the way, why are you waiting for your engine to grenade instead of putting a new timing belt on, or am I missing something?
Good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysvue View Post
I don't know what fluid change intervals are called out ( per SAturn)for the trans/axle, rear diff but it should be 25000 miles.
For this Aisin tranny, it's supposedly 100k. Probably good to do it sooner.

Re: Noise - My '03 had 2 Exhaust Flexes fail with slightly less miles - sounds like your problem. See this thread . . .
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199317

Last edited by Chazberry; 04-02-2014 at 02:47 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote