SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2018, 05:33 PM   #1
Bioject
Bioject is on a distinguished road

Question Headlights

I bought new headlights but they are shining abnormally low to the ground. The ones I purchased are from amazon for $88.97. “Saturn Ion Sedan 4 Door Ion-1 Ion-2 Ion-3 03-07 Head Light Lamp Lh + Rh” But I think they might not be very high quality which is why there is a variance in them. Unfortunately I can’t post links on here yet so I can’t show them directly.

I was thinking of returning these if possible and just buying the OEM ones but they are over twice as expensive. Anyone have recommendations? For the Saturn ion 1 you can’t adjust the lights. You get what you get.

Thoughts?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bioject's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bioject reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bioject is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
GTS350
GTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
Default Re: Headlights

On your vehicle there is no focus and I don't believe there is a horizontal adjustment but it sounds like you need a vertical adjustment to bring the light up.There is a vertical adjustment on your headlights (it is a DOT requirement).

1999 Saturn SC2 (automatic) 23,000 orig miles (9/10/16)
1996 BMW E36
1971 Holden Monaro GTS 350
1908 Buick Model 10

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GTS350's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GTS350 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GTS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:29 AM   #3
19boneatock88
19boneatock88 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I have the same headlights, pretty much, and mine are also pointed straight at the ground... there is an adjustment but the issue is with the mounts... the mounting pin doesn’t go through them correctly and as a result the lights point down and the beam pattern is wrecked...

Jerama- WV

2004 Saturn Ion-2 sedan
L61/F23(M86), 139k...
Too many mods to list in sig...

“Stock” is nowhere in my vocabulary...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 19boneatock88's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 19boneatock88 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
19boneatock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

If 19boneatock88 is correct - and it seems so to me - then replacement mounting pins (and other related parts[??]) need to be found to correct the aiming of the headlight assemblies. If no more new OEM replacement parts are available then you will need to search wrecking yards for them, either at a self-serve type or traditional one. The following websites may be of help.

https://www.gmpartscenter.net

http://car-part.com

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com

Bioject, if you would like to have your pictures posted then I can assist you. Send me a private message and I'll reply.

302,000 miles - Holy canolli!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #5
19boneatock88
19boneatock88 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe

The metal pins would be easy enough to recreate from, say, a piece of 1/4” all thread, but the mounts themselves are what I believe to be the problem, or st least in my car... I ordered aftermarket header panels after my last deer hit and ever since I replaced the panels and lights I cant see while driving after dark...

Jerama- WV

2004 Saturn Ion-2 sedan
L61/F23(M86), 139k...
Too many mods to list in sig...

“Stock” is nowhere in my vocabulary...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 19boneatock88's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 19boneatock88 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
19boneatock88 is offline   Reply With Quote