SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
smoothrider
smoothrider is on a distinguished road

Default ION "Furniture" and "24Hr" commercial:

ION "Furniture" and "24Hr" commercial:

http://saturnhonolulu.com/newcars.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to smoothrider's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help smoothrider reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2003, 08:27 PM   #2
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

This link is great for all the commercials. Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-15-2003, 09:17 PM   #3
Dr. Bob
Master Member
Dr. Bob is on a distinguished road

Hadn't ever seen the "people shopping" commercial before. Thanks.

Wonder why they don't run that one more often?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dr. Bob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dr. Bob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 01:39 AM   #4
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

hahahaha....thats classic:

Furnature: "(Offer Goes Here)"

Sleep On It: "Do not attempt. Exceeding a distributed roof load of 100 lbs. may damage vehicles."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:11 AM   #5
LynnF
LynnF is on a distinguished road

Default Ads slanted

Did anyone else notice that in all the Ion commericials (at least all the ones I've seen here in WNY) that it is always a 20-something guy behind the wheel? I'm female and 44 and LOVE the Ion for a lot of good reasons, including its sporty, innovative design, price (just bought a 1, with some upgrades and love the starving student financing), sheer driving fun, outstanding safety ratings--did I mention sporty design?--and fuel economy. Yeah, we've got kids and dogs and so we own a minivan, too, but I'm no soccer mom and that behemoth goes as soon as the cargo leaves home.

Most women I know love dealing with Saturn, because we don't worry about some salesman trying to screw us over on price because we're "just dumb little women." I think Saturn is missing some boats with its advertising.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LynnF's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LynnF reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:24 AM   #6
SonataInFSharp
SonataInFSharp is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Ads slanted

Quote:
Originally posted by LynnF
Did anyone else notice that in all the Ion commericials (at least all the ones I've seen here in WNY) that it is always a 20-something guy behind the wheel?
Demographics-schemographics...

The ION is shooting for an age median of 25, $52,000/yr income, 50% male/50% female.

Realisitcally? 40+ female/male, probably $36,000/yr income. HOWEVER, all of the other ION drivers I have seen in real life have been my age (25), all female with really short hair. Just something I have noticed.

We had a demographics thread a few weeks ago, but I don't mind talking about it again... How many *responsible* 25 yr olds make $52,000 a year and can afford a new car? I know a lot of 20-somethings have NEW cars, but how many of them are *responsible* about it?

My wife has friends that have a new car, new house, but they have to charge toilet paper at Wal*Mart because they can't afford it... hmm...

AS FAR AS THE COMMERCIALS....

I finally saw the "sleep-on-it" last night, but "People Shopping" will ALWAYS be my favourite!!!!

*Drive it like you bought it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SonataInFSharp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SonataInFSharp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 11:05 AM   #7
LynnF
LynnF is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Re: Ads slanted

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SonataInFSharp
[B]Demographics-schemographics...

"The ION is shooting for an age median of 25, $52,000/yr income, 50% male/50% female."

Is this an official inhouse figure from Saturn? That income level seems awfully high for this car and that age group.

BTW, I've set up a thread on the ads, if anyone's interested.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LynnF's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LynnF reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 11:38 AM   #8
SonataInFSharp
SonataInFSharp is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Ya, it's official, but I don't have the link bookmarked anymore.

You can find that same info in any mag/online review.

*Drive it like you bought it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SonataInFSharp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SonataInFSharp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 12:31 PM   #9
Xanatos
Xanatos is on a distinguished road

YAY!!! I finally got to see the people shopping commercial. That was excellent! I don't understand why they don't show it more.

The 24 hour sleep on it one is pretty cute as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xanatos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xanatos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 04:08 PM   #10
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

Interesting ... "Saturn: Sleep On It" is #5 in adcritic's top 20 .... looks like one particular critic had a change of heart?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2003, 07:23 PM   #11
ION
ION is on a distinguished road

Just for the record, they may be aiming for 25 for some odd reason, but the average Ion owner is, in fact, 39.

From http://www.auto.com/industry/saturn31_20021031.htm

" Smidebush agrees that Saturns have always drawn a hefty share of female buyers, though executives believe the Ion will manage a roughly 50-50 split between men and women. The Ion is also expected to draw a more-youthful buyer, at an average age of 39, compared to the average 44-year-old in an S-Series. "

One up for us Lynn!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ION's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ION reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread