SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 02:09 AM   #1
blackbeard
blackbeard is on a distinguished road

1993 SC1
2006 ION-2 Sedan
Default S Series Owner, Maybe a Future SKY owner

Let me say this: I have never driven a Sky, but I really think they are great. I sat in them and checked them out for fun one day, back when Saturn was in its final days. I am an S Series and an Ion owner, and would maybe like to check out one of these Sky's! I have a few questions:
1. Are they reliable?
2. Are they as powerful as they claim to be?
3. How do they handle?
4. Is there anything else to be aware of?
Thanks,
blackbeard

The only difference between an idiot's arguement and a knife is that the knife has a point.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blackbeard's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blackbeard reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
caveeagle
caveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of light

2005 VUE 2.2L
2001 SC2
Default Re: S Series Owner, Maybe a Future SKY owner

Its a nice enough platform that a V8 conversion is somewhat popular.

http://mallettcars.com/sky-conversion.htm

That does not mean the OEM powertrain is bad, just that the chasis and suspension can handle serious power. I have a friend in FL with a Solstice that was converted to an LSx engine and he seemed to be in love with it.

It seems that GM engineered the car for a future V8 option that never panned out.

They never made a Sky hartop, but the limmited run of Solstice hardtops looked pretty darn cool.

Mark
'05 Vue, '02SL1, '01SC2a, '01SC2b, '99SL1 :::::> '04 SVT Cobra, '67 Mustang Vert.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to caveeagle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help caveeagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
caveeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
anmasher
anmasher has a spectacular aura aboutanmasher has a spectacular aura aboutanmasher has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2
1996 SL2

My suggestion would be to stay away from it unless the selling point is that it is a Saturn. It looks like they only make ~300hp from the factory and that is the highest end engine you could get. While certainly not slow it really isn't fast by modern standards. The problem is that it is a somewhat rare car and you will end up paying more for everything because of that. If fast is your desire get a fast car (the aforementioned LSx engines are plentiful and very powerful); if you want a nice fancy car get a nice fancy car (or fast and nice car). Only buy a Sky if you want it because of the Saturn brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anmasher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anmasher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:54 AM   #4
Begather
Begather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmasher View Post
My suggestion would be to stay away from it unless the selling point is that it is a Saturn. It looks like they only make ~300hp from the factory and that is the highest end engine you could get. While certainly not slow it really isn't fast by modern standards. The problem is that it is a somewhat rare car and you will end up paying more for everything because of that. If fast is your desire get a fast car (the aforementioned LSx engines are plentiful and very powerful); if you want a nice fancy car get a nice fancy car (or fast and nice car). Only buy a Sky if you want it because of the Saturn brand.
Why are you saying that we should stay away?

[url=http://www.babystrollerpoint.com/]http://www.babystrollerpoint.com[/url]
[url=http://www.top100songscharts.com/]top songs 2016[/url]
[url=http://www.piratecorgi.com/]weber natural gas grill[/url]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Begather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Begather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Begather is offline   Reply With Quote