SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
Black03vue
Black03vue is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
1995 SL1
Default Radio light blinks on and off with key off

HELP
2003 V6, CD-Tape-Radio head unit, crazy thing just started happening, when we turn the key off the radio display light is blinking on and off, it shows the time and the volume bar graphs are in a V. You can hear a slight click while its doing it in the speakers. I unhooked the battery and hoping it would reset, when I hooked the battery back up the light went back to flashing. Searched this site as well as the web I have found no one that has posted a similar issue. There are no other lights on the dash flashing, when I start the car there are no warning lights or faults, radio operates normally, everything in the car works fine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Black03vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Black03vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Black03vue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
Black03vue
Black03vue is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
1995 SL1
Default Re: Radio light blinks on and off with key off

Well when I went out the next morning to go to work, I looked in the Vue and it had stopped. When I came back from work, I took the Vue for a short drive and played the radio and then shut the car off and no blinking light. Hmmm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Black03vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Black03vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Black03vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black03vue View Post
Well when I went out the next morning to go to work, I looked in the Vue and it had stopped. When I came back from work, I took the Vue for a short drive and played the radio and then shut the car off and no blinking light. Hmmm
The radio display is generally powered by two sources - if parking lights are OFF the display is powered by 12 volts with key switched to ACC/RUN.

If parking lights are ON - display lighting is provided by IP dimmer control (which varies voltage through BCM circuit).

I don't think either circuit will power display with key OFF but I'll check parking lights next time I'm in Vue.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
The radio display is generally powered by two sources - if parking lights are OFF the display is powered by 12 volts with key switched to ACC/RUN.

If parking lights are ON - display lighting is provided by IP dimmer control (which varies voltage through BCM circuit).

I don't think either circuit will power display with key OFF but I'll check parking lights next time I'm in Vue.
According to my 2007 Vue - the radio display isn't ON unless key is set to ACC/RUN.

Assuming your system - even if not OEM - is wired per typical diagrams - you could be pretty well certain the problem is due to some sort of internal radio glitch.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote