|02-15-2014, 07:57 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brooker, Fl.
2003 VUE 3.0L
03 v6 awd P0341 code
CEL came on and when I scanned this showed up,
p0440 evaporative emmission control system
P0341 camshaft position sensor "A" circuit range/performance (bank 1 or single sensor)
I have done some reading and found the gas cap was on crooked and that code has never come back. Although from reading it looks like that needs to be replaced as it is dry and cracking.
I reset the ecu and while driving down the road it still shows the P0341 as a pending fault but no cel yet. Are the generic CPS good or do I need to go with the AC Delco part? Also does anyone know the temperature of the thermostat? My vue runs down the road at 183 184 with gauge between 1/4 and 1/2.
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|02-15-2014, 01:24 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Re: 03 v6 awd P0341 code
P0341 is an intermittent fail of CMP circuit ... here's a lift from FSM:
• The following conditions may cause P0341 to set:
- Camshaft reluctor wheel damage
- Incorrect sensor installation
- The sensor coming in contact with the reluctor wheel
- Excessive air gap between the reluctor wheel and the sensor magnet
- A cracked or damaged sensor
- Foreign material passing between the sensor and the reluctor wheel
• This DTC will set with an intermittent failure on the ignition 1 voltage circuit, the CMP sensor signal circuit, or the low reference circuit. A hard failure of any one of these circuits should set DTC P0342 or P0343.
• The CMP sensor low reference circuit is shared with the mass air flow (MAF) sensor, and the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor.
RockAuto has CMP by three different vendors - priced at $63, $84 and $119. Darn if I wouldn't go cheap (Artex/Wells) .. IF ... I replaced - since I think this is first CMP failure (or suspected failure) I've heard of.
I've attached a thumbnail from cooling section ... appears the 3.0 was born with 195° thermostat. It also appears temps in range of 185 and 205 are normal ... so if your temps are consistently around 183 - 184 - I wouldn't worry about the thermostat just yet.
However, the temperatures do require considerable watching.
IIRC - thermostat, sparkplugs and cam cover gaskets are among top frequent fail items for 3.0.
I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Code P0341||Chachski90||S-Series Tech||4||07-14-2013 09:37 PM|
|P0341 code||jzim||S-Series Tech||1||12-28-2011 11:52 AM|
|Code P0341||Bradrj1029||S-Series Tech||14||01-10-2011 11:33 PM|
|P0341 code||james99||S-Series Tech||18||12-14-2007 07:53 PM|
|Code: P0341?||TurboTuna||S-Series Tech||6||09-21-2005 07:02 PM|