SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
mikebu
mikebu is on a distinguished road

Default 1995 Saturn SL2 A/C and heat blower wont work

I have a 1995 saturn sl2 and the heat and a/c blower doesnt work. I tested the blower motor and that seems to be working fine, i also just replaced the relay for the motor and thats not the problem. I need some opinions on what it could be, i was thinking the blower switch or the blower motor resistor??

Also anybody have any ideas why my car burns alot of oil? I usually have to put about 4 quarts into the motor every month.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikebu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikebu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikebu is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 01:08 AM   #2
mikebu
mikebu is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 1995 Saturn SL2 A/C and heat blower wont work

If anyone has any idea please help me. Im new to this site, hope im posting everything right

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikebu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikebu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:33 AM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to behold

1996 SC2
1997 SW2
Default Re: 1995 Saturn SL2 A/C and heat blower wont work

A/C doesn't work in ambient temps below 45f. Other than that, it's probably got a leak in the system somewhere and the easy/cheap fix is power windows.

Depending on mileage per week, 1qt/wk is on the high side for oil consumption. Fix any valve cover leaks and/or other leaks such as loose oil filter or bad oil drain plug gasket, then see how it does on oil consumption. If it's still just as bad...I've found it helps to keep the level up to full 100% of the time and keep the oil filter changed every 3k miles or less, use a quality oil and not a cheap dollar store brand (especially since all the oil Dollar General sells isn't fit for engines made after 1970).

If the heater (and A/C) blower works on setting 4 (full speed) it's more likely the resistor block as setting 4 bypass's it. If it doesn't work you're going to need to play around with a DMM and find where the power stops showing up.

Collection of S-Series info: "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5D8XfJgavxrdE5mcHBlMG5rbUU&usp=sharing"
3 ECTS pigtails, 1 ECTS FS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote