SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 01:14 AM   #1
amazinghl
Master Member
amazinghl is on a distinguished road

Default How do you connect the power door lock to a car alarm?

I bought an alarm system for my car. I installed it and everything work nice and well. The system is a Audiovox TSP 575 which costed me $30 to get.

The system has an option to hook up to a door lock interface that connect the siren control module to the power door lock system of the car which add on a keyless entry feature so it can lock and unlock the door when the system is being armed and disarmed.

The problem is that NOBODY sells that door lock interface unit. (AA 9158) Or it is VERY expensive.

I feel that I can make a door interface unit myself, I just need to know what parts I need.

There are two wires come out of the siren control module (1 pos and 1 neg, 12v) and they switch from positve to negative and neg to pos depend if the system is armed or disarmed.

Now, I have the power door lock in the car. I took it apart and it has 3 wires. 2 Pos and 1 Neg, 12v. 1 pos (let's call it A) control the locking process and the other Pos (B) control the unlocking process.

What I need is, that a circuit system that controlled by the 2 wires from the siren and can temperory connects A to the Neg when the system is being armed and B connect to Neg when the system is disarmed. I just need them to connect for half a second or so because I don't want to burn out my door lock motors.

So, how do I go about making this unit. What parts do I need, where can I get it, and how much $$$ am I looking at?

Thanks for your time.

85 GLH
94 855

89 CSX, parting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to amazinghl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help amazinghl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2003, 01:46 AM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Well...I know what you need to do...but don't know how you'd do it. The door lock interface modules for sale have a "logic circuit" that supplies a "pulse" of either neg or pos power (depending on application) to the PDL switch circuit when power is supplied to either the lock or unlock side of the circuit. This "pulsed" (AKA MOMENTARY CONTACT) voltage "fools" the door lock actuation circuit into "thinking" that the power door lock/unlock switch has actually been depressed. The trouble is that the "logic circuit" is a fairly complicated bit of electronics..and as far as I know is not really something someone shy of an electrical engineer could "build" out of Radio Shack type parts. Check out JCWhitney.com..they sell a large selection of alarm system accessories for relatively good prices. They may have what you need at a more reasonable price.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-13-2003, 08:16 AM   #3
amazinghl
Master Member

So little fate in me huh?

Hey, if I do build one, that maybe I have the blood of an engineer.

85 GLH
94 855

89 CSX, parting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help amazinghl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-13-2003, 11:49 AM   #4
imtfox
imtfox is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

Actually, you should be able to do it with two relays... look at www.bulldogsecurity.com for some wiring diagrams...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imtfox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imtfox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-13-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
amazinghl
Master Member

What am I looking for in bulldogsecurity?

Actually, if I can find something that can allow me send a pulse from Positive to Ground when they are connected, ONE TIME only *for .2- .5 second or so*. That would do the trick.

Know of anything like that?

85 GLH
94 855

89 CSX, parting.

Last edited by amazinghl; 05-13-2003 at 12:24 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread