SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
LaboysToy
LaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really nice

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Stabilitrac, Traction Control and Brake Lights....

Hi Everyone,

Recently when Ive been making normal left hand turns, my Traction, Stability, brake lights along with the GM Bong sound (When you turn the car on) goes on when I make normal left turns and will turn off when the turn is completed, It will do this for three left hand turns and shut the traction and stability controls off leaving the warnig lighs lit, we recently had a snow storm here in NY and thats really dangerous to not have those engaged, along with my other issue with my washer fluid, this one is the most severe, Ive looked at similar forms but i havent found one that has my issue with this issue.

*Also If I stop and turn the car off for 20 seconds, it seems to reset only to do the same thing again for every three left hand turns.

Could it be the wheel speed sensor for the left front side?

08 Vue XE FWD,

Last edited by LaboysToy; 01-08-2014 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: Typos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LaboysToy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LaboysToy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LaboysToy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
Buggerall
Buggerall is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Stabilitrac, Traction Control and Brake Lights....

My 2008 3.6 just started doing exactly the same thing. Out of the blue. Emergency brake warning light blinks the sound goes off the the other two lights go. Left turn only.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Buggerall's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Buggerall reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Buggerall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
Smokey
Smokey will become famous soon enough

Had the same problem, warning lights on left turns only. Turned out my brake fluid reservoir was low. Since topping off I haven't had a problem since.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Smokey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Smokey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #4
LaboysToy
LaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really nice

2008 VUE 2.4L

Hmmm. That's a strange way for gm to notify us. I hope its just low fluid

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help LaboysToy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
Buggerall
Buggerall is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tip. Hard to believe, but it worked. I can only imagine how much our local GM dealer would have charged me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Buggerall's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Buggerall reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Buggerall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

FYI, the brake (RED) light turning on (after releasing the parking brake) at anytime usually means one of several issues; low brake fluid from either worn brakes or a leak in the brake system. Topping off brake fluid can result in a serious error in judgment by overlooking why a low fluid level is alerting you of a brake system error............ As brakes wear, brake fluid level drops. A level sensor in the brake master cylinder detects low fluid level to turn on the red brake light. It would be wise to inspect brakes for wear.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #7
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
FYI, the brake (RED) light turning on (after releasing the parking brake) at anytime usually means one of several issues; low brake fluid from either worn brakes or a leak in the brake system. Topping off brake fluid can result in a serious error in judgment by overlooking why a low fluid level is alerting you of a brake system error............ As brakes wear, brake fluid level drops. A level sensor in the brake master cylinder detects low fluid level to turn on the red brake light. It would be wise to inspect brakes for wear.
Its not just the brake light by its self, Its the Brake, Traction & Stability Control lights plus the warning chime all thogether when I make low speed left hand turns. It will stop after I finish the turn. If I make three left hand turns then the brake light will go out but the Traction and Stability control lights will remain lit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I only mentioned the brake warning light relative to topping off brake fluid to turn off the light and a heads up not to presume this fixes a low brake fluid issue.

The ABS/TC and stability control lights in addition to the brake light turning on only in left hand turns may be wiring related. Where to look is the question.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #9
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
I only mentioned the brake warning light relative to topping off brake fluid to turn off the light and a heads up not to presume this fixes a low brake fluid issue.

The ABS/TC and stability control lights in addition to the brake light turning on only in left hand turns may be wiring related. Where to look is the question.
The ABS isnt on, Its just the red brake, TC and Stability, You dont think its the wheel speed sensor?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #10
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I don't have any information for '08 Vues to make any suggestions or contributions to troubleshooting. Its too easy to refer to other year service manuals and make armchair quarterback guesses. I'm not the type to do that when it involves braking systems. And to add to the complex nature of electronics, stability control is another enhancement to braking systems as part of overall handling in adverse conditions. There are several issues to deal with in a complex system involving hydraulics, electrical and electronic circuits as well as physical locations of all wiring related to the ABS/TC/stability control systems. Traction control depends on ABS to operate; if ABS fails, traction control also fails. Losing ABS/TC does not endanger braking safety as braking remains as was designed, using hydraulics and power assisted vacuum boost to allow normal braking before ABS was invented and became another standard to braking safety. The same can be said for stability control; loss of stability control does not compromise driving safety. ABS/TC and stability control are still considered last ditch attempts at braking and steering under unavoidable conditions. Safe driving habits are proven to demonstrate the majority of drivers hardly encounter ABS or traction control activation except in unusual conditions that could have been avoided. Both ABS and TC are enhancements to driving safety but many use ABS as an excuse to drive faster and rely on ABS to stop when its been proven to be the wrong assumption.

Low brake fluid level detection and warning indicators are all similar.

To offer any valid troubleshooting suggestions, I use service manual info since the more information one has with the ability to use technical information, an informed opinion can be made otherwise its just guessing. Anyone can make armchair quarterback guesses.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #11
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

I can imagine the dealer will have a feild day with this issue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-15-2014, 11:51 PM   #12
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

There are honest dealers as well as the unscrupulous ones. I learned to protect myself by education.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-16-2014, 12:06 AM   #13
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

Any GM dealers you recomend?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #14
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I'm the last person to recommend any dealer. If I knew I would tell you. The last dealer I used was after buying my L300 in 2005 when some gorilla over tightened the oil filter cap so tight I knew i was going to damage it attempting to unscrew it. I vented my anger to the service manager and have never been to a dealer since. I bought my car used from Saturn and presumed mine was a lease car and serviced by Saturn. Another dealer incident for another car was less than friendly when I ordered a brake master cylinder that took more than a month. My personal experiences are not reflective of all dealers as there are many here that have encountered excellent dealers and mention them by name and area. When an alternator began failing on one car, the dealer wouldn't sell me the diode pack that was part of service manual procedures and would only sell the entire alternator ($100 back then). I was working in NJ and found a local alternator/generator/starter rebuilding facility and simply asked for a diode pack, for $25 and repaired my alternator.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-16-2014, 01:40 AM   #15
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
I'm the last person to recommend any dealer. If I knew I would tell you. The last dealer I used was after buying my L300 in 2005 when some gorilla over tightened the oil filter cap so tight I knew i was going to damage it attempting to unscrew it. I vented my anger to the service manager and have never been to a dealer since. I bought my car used from Saturn and presumed mine was a lease car and serviced by Saturn. Another dealer incident for another car was less than friendly when I ordered a brake master cylinder that took more than a month. My personal experiences are not reflective of all dealers as there are many here that have encountered excellent dealers and mention them by name and area. When an alternator began failing on one car, the dealer wouldn't sell me the diode pack that was part of service manual procedures and would only sell the entire alternator ($100 back then). I was working in NJ and found a local alternator/generator/starter rebuilding facility and simply asked for a diode pack, for $25 and repaired my alternator.
Interesting

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #16
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
This is what it looks like

http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...ssue-2/cat/500

http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...ssue-1/cat/500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #17
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Had the same problem, warning lights on left turns only. Turned out my brake fluid reservoir was low. Since topping off I haven't had a problem since.
http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...ssue-2/cat/500

http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...ssue-1/cat/500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #18
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

****Update****

It was your the fluid, brakes need to be replaced front and rear

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #19
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaboysToy View Post
****Update****

It was your the fluid, brakes need to be replaced front and rear
**It was the fluid, brakes need to be replaced front and rear** Correction in grammar lol.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #20
Kartboarder22G
Kartboarder22G is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old post but how did you determine this? Was it by just topping off the fluid and the beeping went away? Or was it scanned for error codes?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kartboarder22G's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kartboarder22G reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kartboarder22G is offline   Reply With Quote