SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
carl bruce
carl bruce is on a distinguished road

Default 2004 ion security light (+ignition switch)

Hello,

i had several problems in starting my car (ion 2004) these past days because of the temperature outside.
I have done some research and concluded that my ignition switch needed to be replace, as each time i tried to start the car, the security light started to flash.
After 10 minutes, it would stop and I was able (if lucky) to start the car.

Today, I have replaced the ignition switch, but as i wanted to relearn the passlock, when I tried to start the car, the car quickly started but stalled right after.

On the console, the passlock light flashes 2-3 times, then stays ON.

Waited 10 minutes, and the light is still ON.
Is there a way to fix this?
When I try to start the car again, it does the same thing: seems to start, but stalls after a second, passlock light flashes and then stays on.

What should I do?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to carl bruce's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help carl bruce reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
carl bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2004 ion security light (+ignition switch)

Tried repeating Passlock relearn again?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
carl bruce
carl bruce is on a distinguished road

Isn't one of the main steps to wait until security light turns off?
Maybe there is a way to restart the procedures.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to carl bruce's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help carl bruce reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
carl bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
NickL30
NickL30 has a spectacular aura aboutNickL30 has a spectacular aura about

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

If you switched out the ignition switch, did the passlock procedure and your car starts then shuts off like you have described then it sounds like the passlock did not work. Try it again and if you have any question of if you didn't do it right then try again

If the car more or less worked before then it should now if done right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NickL30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NickL30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NickL30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:42 AM   #5
satlite440
satlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to behold

2001 SL2

30-Minute Learn ProcedureImportant: Do not remove the key from the ignition during this procedure. If the key is removed, the procedure will have to be performed from the beginning.

 1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
 2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start.
 3. Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
 4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
 5. Repeat steps 1–4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

 6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or password.
 7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

shure you can trust the government,just ask us indians all about it...

heavy line the final protective fire line of the dealership

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satlite440's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satlite440 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
satlite440 is offline   Reply With Quote