SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
Hiddenfarce
Hiddenfarce is on a distinguished road

Default Rogue Hose

Hello all. Iím new to this forum and somewhat new to Saturns although I am a huge GM fan. My wife owns a 2002 Saturn L300 and Iím a t a loss to where this hose connect to. I disconnected it, but after some challenges, the other end of this hose eludes me.

I disconnected it right before I stated to remove the lower intake manifold to continue on my journey to replace the thermostat. Can anyone help?

Hidden
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (128.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (134.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (122.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.JPG (109.4 KB, 15 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenfarce's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenfarce reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hiddenfarce is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Rogue Hose

Follow that hose to its other connection. Is it going to the fuel pressure regulator? It may be a vacuum line from the throttle body to fuel pressure regulator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (114.7 KB, 11 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
mikewiss
mikewiss has a spectacular aura aboutmikewiss has a spectacular aura about

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

That hose goes to the breather crossover duct that bolts on to the upper manifold with the same bolts.(The long flat plastic piece.) The FPR vent hose can be seen just below the FPR. It uses that plastic tubing with rubber couplers.

Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikewiss's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikewiss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikewiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
Paradoxmaker
Paradoxmaker has a spectacular aura aboutParadoxmaker has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewiss View Post
That hose goes to the breather crossover duct that bolts on to the upper manifold with the same bolts.(The long flat plastic piece.) The FPR vent hose can be seen just below the FPR. It uses that plastic tubing with rubber couplers.

Mike
What is the actual function of this hose. I ask because the one on my car is always full of oil.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Paradoxmaker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Paradoxmaker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Paradoxmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
Wayne G.
Wayne G. is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
1997 SL2

There is a flat plastic piece that runs from the front of the intake straight back to the end of the intake (left to right). It is the "PCV" on this motor. Vacuum from the intake to the crankcase. I had to purchase one for my car as it did not have one and a previous owner had simply run a hose across the top of the engine (worked but was not correct). Since your hose is connected already to the crankcase putting the runner back on will be easy. Installing the hose down under was not easy as there is NO room.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Wayne G.'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Wayne G. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Wayne G. is offline   Reply With Quote