SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 04:54 AM   #1
ChaosClown
ChaosClown is on a distinguished road

2001 SL2
Thumbs Up Thank You.

I'm a new member of SaturnFans, and like most new members I too had a problem. Countless research results invariably lead me to this site time and time again. I did my diligence to solve the issues of high idle, rpm increasing during braking or stopping or even shifting in and out of gear while parked, poor fuel economy, unresponsive temp gauge, poor heat, etc.

Before posting this and before becoming a member here, I read hundreds of posts and responses from many of you regarding IAC, Throttle a Body cleaning, the infamous ECT, resetting via the PCM B fuse, 195 deg stat, and tons of other related and unrelated topics. And I'm glad I did. I'm going to sound like my mother here, but "I've learnt so much from you all"

...And from Richpin06a. A year or so ago, he showed me how to make my own leak down tester for the f150, now I'm following "how to's" and thrilled to soak up the knowledge.

My other vehicle is a 1997 F150 guzzler. Love the truck, but needed economy. Last week I picked up the Following:

SL2
Automatic (was looking for a manual, but couldn't beat the price)
124,000 miles
DOHC of course

I'm certain I'll be asking for help in the near future, and reading more and more than questions I ask, but because you folks have already been through your tribulations, it made mine so much less painful. My issues thus far have been resolved.

For what it is worth, my 2001 had the Sh*++ (non copper) ECT. Changing it out solved my issues. When I first read about it, I found it hard to believe.

Thank you to the admin, senior members, and others trying to lend a hand via photos in a helpful walkthrough/write-up, or advice. I'm glad you all shared the knowledge.

It's past 3:00 A.M., but good information is like crack and highly addictive.

(Disclosure: I don't do crack)

CC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChaosClown's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChaosClown reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChaosClown is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links