SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
cielo
cielo is on a distinguished road

Question 2009 XE Dashboard/Instrument Color + Headlights

Hello, I'm fairly new to doing anything having to do with lighting with cars. I want to change the orange color of my dashboard/instruments to either white or blue. I'm not sure what which color, but before that I want to see how complicated it would be, if at all possible, and how. I found these... carid.com/2009-saturn-aura-led-lights/lumen-led-lights-10295509.html . Would these be all I need for my instrument panel?

For the digital part of the radio I'm guessing I can't change that color without getting a new radio unit, but what about the mechanical buttons with orange lighting behind them? How would that be done if at all?

Lastly, one of my headlights went out so I am about to put in a new bulb. I watched a video on the disassembly of it so I'm fine with that. What bulb is recommended though? I am trying to get an LED/HID for it, I want a BMW white/blue light type look to it I guess. That Halo ring/sleek look. Are there any headlights that have this look built in? I could not find that but I found the following lighting bulbs/accessories that could be good for this? I need any and all help though please

This is what I found:

carid.com/2009-saturn-aura-led-lights/sylvania-headlight-bulbs-14743909.html

jcwhitney.com/vision-x-superwhite-halogen-headlight-bulb/p3073411.jcwx?filterid=d17793y2009j1

carid.com/universal-headlights/lumen-led-halo-rings-15856330.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cielo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cielo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cielo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE
Default Re: 2009 XE Dashboard/Instrument Color + Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by cielo View Post
Hello, I'm fairly new to doing anything having to do with lighting with cars. I want to change the orange color of my dashboard/instruments to either white or blue. I'm not sure what which color, but before that I want to see how complicated it would be, if at all possible, and how. I found these... carid.com/2009-saturn-aura-led-lights/lumen-led-lights-10295509.html . Would these be all I need for my instrument panel?
for instrument panel backlighting, most (if not all) modern cars use smd leds...soldered onto a board. you'd need to be very experienced with ecb work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote