SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
joker51
joker51 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1
Default "new" saturn owner

Just picked up a new to me 1999 sl1 Saturn for $900. Has 139k original miles and needed 3 sensors according to the codes (CPS, O2 and coolant temp sensor) just finished replace the O2 and coolant sensor and no more code. Runs great and looks fairly good for the year. And I love the fact that the parts for all 3 sensors were less than 1 sensor for my 94 park ave.
Think I will stick with Saturns from here on out. Great cars that are cheap to repair.
Just don't like the location of the starter and the CPS. will have to wait for summer for that repair. hate laying on a cold wet garage floor in the winter to do that repair.
Hopefully my experience with older cars can help someone out a little on this forum.

Joker51

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joker51's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joker51 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: "new" saturn owner

If the engine runs, the cps is working. Keep the spare in the trunk for a rainy day. The starter is all together different. If you're familiar with how starters wear out then don't worry about it until it fails. Its been said that dbelectric sells a good low price starter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
joker51
joker51 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1
Default Re: "new" saturn owner

starters fine, Just figured would pull it out to get to the cps to make that repair a little easier. But looking at some posts on here guess I don't need to just have to work a little blind to get the cps out.

Thanks
Joker51

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joker51's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joker51 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joker51 is offline   Reply With Quote