SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2016, 09:39 PM   #1
Charliegirl25
Charliegirl25 is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn won't start... please help

I have a 2000 Saturn 3 dr coupe, sc1. I drove it to work and parked it for a week and went to crank it and it wouldn't turn over. So I charged the battery and it turned over but did not crank. I listened for the wrrr of the fuel pump and didn't hear it so I put a new one on there. At first try it sounded like it was going to crank then it quit doing that and only turned over. I then checked all the fuses and one was bad and I changed it as well. Now I'm stumped and don't have a clue. Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charliegirl25's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charliegirl25 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charliegirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2016, 11:38 PM   #2
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Saturn won't start... please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliegirl25 View Post
I then checked all the fuses and one was bad and I changed it as well.
Welcome aboard Charliegirl25!
Help us out here - which fuse was blown? Btw - "turn over" = "crank". First we crank the engine and then it starts . . . or it doesn't. You also might do better reposting this in the 'S-series Tech' section.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #3
Charliegirl25
Charliegirl25 is on a distinguished road

Sorry I'm new to all this... and I guess I could have explained it better... it turns over but it's like it's not getting gas so it doesn't completely start. We changed one of the tens for the fuel pump and then a relay because o'reilys instructed us to do so. And yes I will repost this. Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charliegirl25's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charliegirl25 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charliegirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

<We changed one of the tens> (?)
There's no doubt it's a fuel problem? You can try squirting some Starting Fluid into the Throttle Body to help confirm that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #5
SC2Sick
Advanced Member
SC2Sick will become famous soon enough

1997 SC2
1995 SW2

likely is the crankshaft position sensor.. that's where I'd start

sixthsphere.com owner
1997 Saturn SC2 Turbo
sixthsphere.com/showthread.php/89737

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2Sick's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2Sick reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Charliegirl25, how do you know fuel is the problem? Unless you removed spark plugs and examined them after several failed starting attempts and see/smell wet fuel, guessing can mislead anyone. There are a few things to try when troubleshooting a starting problem, presuming the starter runs and the engine turns over; a fuel pressure check at the fuel test valve, ensuring all fuses are good (none blown), and a spark test. There's also a possibility of your Saturn still using the original faulty coolant sensor that fails and causes a rich/flooding condition. If flooded, holding throttle wide open during subsequent starts shuts off injectors while starting to allow more air to dilute the flooded engine for a sputtering startup. The cure is replacing the coolant sensor with the flat nosed brass one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plastic-brass cts.jpg (82.7 KB, 1 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote